Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 Bell box alternative options

Options
  • 18-01-2017 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I have HKC 1070 and SAAB Bell, but want to change this to wired Texecom Odyssey 3.

I have wired it up, but get a tamper error. Any ideas on if I correctly wired it?

Strobe - = Green (wired to Strobe - on panel)
    0V = Yellow (wired to Hold on panel)
    Tamp = Red (wired to Tamp Return - on panel)
    Bell - = Black (wired to Bell - on panel)
    +VE on (Strobe +) = Blue (wired to Strobe + on panel)

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you a resistor in series with the tamper back to the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dava

Hi Koolkid,

thanks, had resistor in series on the tamper return. Issue seems be resistor in bell box. Replaced and back in business.

One question on when set alarm off, Internal sounder goes off and outside strobe, then 10 seconds later the bell outside comes on> is this normally expected?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hoe are you activating the alarm?
    Normally both would activate together. Have you any bell delay programmed or perimeter zones set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Fayre

Dava just found your thread in a serch for Texecom. Just had a Texecom system installed on a new build. Same here the internal sounder goes off first and then after a delay the external one comes on.
    Just wondering if you were able to get remote access to the Texecom system from your phone or if you were able to get it monitored? The third party that installed mine didn't set that up for me unfortunately

How long is it installed?

• Advertisement

Koolkid I'm not sure if that question is aimed at me, if so - it's installed with about 2 months and I haven't paid them the final payment for it yet.

Why not get the installers to set up all this the way you want it.?

Having trouble with the installers unfortunately. Communication isn't great at the moment!

Advertisement