Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Money Transfer - Ireland to Spain

Options
  • 18-01-2017 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Dear BOI Team,

I wish to transfer 250k from my current account with BOI to a Spanish bank account of another individual for a property purchase in Spain.

The vendor has a bank account with BANKIA Banco in Valencia, Spain.

https://www.bankia.es/es/particulares

Please note any and all charges BOI will charge me for this transaction. 

Lead time for completion once the order is issued?

Regards,

James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Skywalker7 wrote: »
    Dear BOI Team,

I wish to transfer 250k from my current account with BOI to a Spanish bank account of another individual for a property purchase in Spain.

Regards,

James
    Hi James, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

You can make this large transfer in branch at the counter. Before you call into your branch, please fill in the form at this link, print the completed form and the transfer will take two working days. Your branch will be able to advise on the charge of this transfer on the day. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Skywalker7

Dear BOI Team,

Regards,

James
    Hi James, 

You can make this large transfer in branch at the counter. Before you call into your branch, please fill in the form at this link, print the completed form and the transfer will take two working days. Your branch will be able to advise on the charge of this transfer on the day. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 
    Dear Sarah,

A rough idea of the bank charges would be appreciated. I am currently in Spain so it's difficult to obtain information due to my current situation.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Dear BOI Team,

Regards,

James
    Hi James, 

Thanks,
    Sarah 
    Dear Sarah,

A rough idea of the bank charges would be appreciated. I am currently in Spain so it's difficult to obtain information due to my current situation.

Thank you.
    Hi James, 

The charge for a bank to bank transfer such as this in branch can be up to €25.35. This is outlined in our International charges brochure here

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Skywalker7

Excellent. Thank you for the information and your rapid support.

Advertisement