Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Urban Decay Products

Options
  • 18-01-2017 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I got a voucher to spend for Urban Decay in Debenhams for Christmas - I love UD's palettes, and they are the only UD product I own (Naked 1, 2 & Smokey). I know they have a lot of really good products, and I have €100 to spend so I want to make sure I get the must haves! Any suggestions? I was thinking about the setting spray as I have heard so many good things about it and maybe the Naked 3 palette. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love the Perversion mascara! You can get a primer to go with it but I haven't tried it yet myself.

The pencil and liquid liners are great too, especially if you like some different colours.

Setting spray is great too, I barely use powder at all any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I really like perversion as well, with the primer. It was my favourite mascara for a while (been knocked off by too faced better than sex)

Their concealer is really good as well, I haven't tried their colour correcting one but it's meant to be good.

Their pencil eyeliner is really good, long lasting and really easy to apply.

Loads of people love the eyeshadow priming potion, personally I'm not too gone on it myself but lots of people love it!

And definitely a +1 for the setting spray, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I have and love the Perversion mascara but I agree with LizT, Better Than Sex has claimed the top spot!
    The setting spray is great as is the eyeshadow primer potion. I have a vice lipstick in Checkmate, along with the lip pencil in the same colour. It's a lovely colour and a really long lasting lippy.
    And the Naked 3 is my favourite of the Naked palettes.
    Happy spending!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Their single eyeshadow "riff" is amazing and very popular. Gorgeous orangy brown colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aacaldwell

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'm leaning towards the setting spray, Perversion mascara and the primer :) I hear they're releasing their own range of liquid lipsticks soon too so I better save some money for those, the shades look lovely!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Have you considered naked basics pallets?
    I have 1&2 and use them much more then my naked 1 2 or 3, I hear the ultimate naked basics is great.

Is the voucher actually limited to Urban Decay? If not Kat Von Dee has amazing makeup and is in Debenhams too.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Perversion mascara is brilliant. I find it a bit wetter than other mascaras so not one to use if you're in a rush. I also have the Subversion primer and find it great but keep it for weekend use. My other recommendation is the Naked Basics 1 and 2 palettes. Very handbag friendly. NB2 palette is also handy for for brows and contouring when I'm going somewhere after work - saves handbag space!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Have to agree with the suggestions given but also their foundations are great. I use the Naked one most days and love it. The concealer is fab too. Recently got the All Nighter foundation too and its good but definitely more a going out one.

The girls at the counter are pretty good with advice as well I've found and with helping find shades (not just in foundations but eyeshadows too) that suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

I think those vouchers can be used across all departments in case you don't want to spend it all in UD, even the gift cards that say Urban Decay on the front are actually just generic Debenhams gift cards (assuming it's a plastic swipe type gift card you have).

I checked this at Xmas when I was getting one as a gift for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aacaldwell

GingerLily wrote: »
    Have you considered naked basics pallets?
    I have 1&2 and use them much more then my naked 1 2 or 3, I hear the ultimate naked basics is great.

Is the voucher actually limited to Urban Decay? If not Kat Von Dee has amazing makeup and is in Debenhams too.

I had a look at the basics & they didn't appeal to me. I have the first & second naked palette along with some other nude palettes so I wouldn't really go and buy those. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Nope don't think it's limited to just UD. Forgot Kat Von D is in debenhams now actually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

The Urban decay Moondust eye palette is beautiful. Worth it in my opinion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Anyone else reeeeeeally want a trip to the UD counter after this thread..?

I think I will treat myself to a Perversion re-purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Has anyone used their lip liner? I am looking for a long lasting one and I find the eyeliner great..
    Thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I love UD products. Was at the airport on Friday and realised i forgot to bring my foundation with me, so stopped by the counter to look at the All Nighter liquid foundation and the assistant was lovely and actually tried it on my face so I purchased. It's full coverage so you don't need to use much. I love the finish, and the fact that it comes in a super-pale shade for a Casper like me.

I swear by the eyeshadow primer potion. Have been trying Catrice's one lately but it doesn't have the staying power.

I have Naked 1 and 3, the Gwen Stefani and Vice 4 palettes and got the Naked Ultimate Basics one for Christmas and am always alternating between them.

The lipsticks are also fab. I have a couple of the Gwen Stefani ones, and 714 in the mega matte finish is amazing. It doesn't budge!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

their lipsticks are fab - really long lasting and pretty cheap too compared to some of the other higher end brands!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tinderella

The recently released Ultimate Basics palette looks great! And the setting sprays are great :) Some of the palettes are quite colourful though which wouldn't be my thing! They seem to bring out heaps of palettes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

An interesting blog post I read this morning by The Rebel Lipstick about some of the lesser known Urban Decay products. A good read.
    https://therebellipstick.com/2017/02/16/lesser-known-urban-decay-products-review-swatches-photos/

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭urbanshirl

This post has been deleted.

I find benefit mascara very dry and crumbly, perversion is creamier and doesn't dry out my lashes or crumble on me.

Advertisement