Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madison Genesis bottle sightings!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

sparrowcar wrote: »
    One of the bottle mount threads on my frame were shot when I bought it so can only mount 1 bottle. 800mls for long rides and 500 for shorter spins.
    If it's just one bolt, use a cable tie around the tube.

Cable ties :eek: and you speak of rules ;)

Just use one bolt in the good mount hole and push a slimmer bolt through the other hole to stop it turning. Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Alu frame and loose mount? Very often it can be tightened back: http://www.artscyclery.com/learningcenter/howtofixwaterbottlebosses.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah. Nice try........but we know it's you selling that one on ebay :D:D:D

Just got notification of order being shipped there.

shipping-.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

fat bloke wrote: »
    Just got notification of order being shipped there.

shipping-.png

lenses not wide enough for the second ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Surely this you mean ;)

full_1289350888AnnePercoco.jpg=s1200x1200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Order shipped yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Order cancelled too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

Just arrived:

Bottles_zps935mk8gb.jpg

Can't believe they even covered the cost of the courier for £5.94

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

argh, ordered 6, cancelled, want them SO badly now!

what a deal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

RonanCFD wrote: »
    Just arrived:

Bottles_zps935mk8gb.jpg

Can't believe they even covered the cost of the courier for £5.94

Courier? Ah crap got them sent to the house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

No way I could put orange and blue on my frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

sparrowcar wrote: »
    One of the bottle mount threads on my frame were shot when I bought it so can only mount 1 bottle. 800mls for long rides and 500 for shorter spins.

Was in same boat and I brought it to Humphries in Finglas who fixed it (can't remember cost but maybe a tenner?)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Hungrycol wrote: »

Just realised my guerciotti is orange and blue and my tourer is a deep blue. These will do nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

So you won't ever be joining McNally Swords CC then so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Alek wrote: »
    Alu frame and loose mount? Very often it can be tightened back: http://www.artscyclery.com/learningcenter/howtofixwaterbottlebosses.html

This is perfect, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

My order cancelled too.

Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

If any of you wants to offload a bottle or 2 for my beautiful Genesis Equilibrium, be my guest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

marvin80 wrote: »

But 0.99 to £4 is like U2 inflation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Feck, it's Shimano!!!! Won't work with my Chorus groupo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

A thread of freds.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    A thread of freds.

Flattery wont get you a bottle

Mine just got delivered. No one at home so delivery man but them in the green bin. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

godtabh wrote: »
    Mine just got delivered. No one at home so delivery man but them in the green bin. Fair play

Mine arrived too. Deliver man even gave me a call before hand to see if some was home. Was just looking at the Madison Bib shorts and jersey in Eurocycles. Unfortunately they are not as cheap as the bottles.

Mine arrived too. Deliver man even gave me a call before hand to see if some was home. Was just looking at the Madison Bib shorts and jersey in Eurocycles. Unfortunately they are not as cheap as the bottles.

The gear is really nice. The wife has an ensemble and its great looking gear

fat bloke wrote: »
    The gear is really nice. The wife has an ensemble and its great looking gear

I assume we are still talking about the Madison gear?

Back on topic but something that I never thought of before but if these bottles are bio degradable what's the life span?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Back on topic but something that I never thought of before but if these bottles are bio degradable what's the life span?

I didn't buy any of these, but was thinking the same thing. A quick Google tells me that in a controlled composting environment, it can be as low as 3 months. Real world, it requires regular time at high temperature and humidity to start to break down. You'd probably get a couple of years out of it before it started to look worse for wear.

I assume we are still talking about the Madison gear?

Yes.

Well, they offer free shorts and jerseys to bulk bottle buyers. Y'know yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

They're ony use-once bottles. It says it in the small print on the site. Probably to do with the manufacture chemicals and prolonged use, etc, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

They're ony use-once bottles.

It say's they are dishwasher safe. Why say that if you are to only use them once.

Maybe use once for the Pro team

Advertisement