Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Wilton parking -how long?

Options
  • 18-01-2017 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how long I could leave my car there go for? Want to to shop there after appointment in CUH next week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

They have been know to watch people park and if they head straight for CUH they come back to a clamp. No idea what the parking duration is though, probably 2 or 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

It might be wise to buy a few items in Aldi, after you've parked and before you go to CUH. Continue on to CUH, without returning to your car and then return to do the remainder of your shopping later. I'd imagine if you're there any longer than a few hours, they'll know what you're up to. You could always buy a parking disc and park nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'd rather pay the parking in the hospital than having to pay the release fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Confused mum84

Have seen a security guard just standing around in the carpark watching where people go . If I were you I'd go into the store , buy one or two items & then go out side door & continue onto hospital from there . There is a side door to exit the store that will bring you out to the high street by Ulster bank & four star pizza. Wouldn't stay there too long though 1.5 hours tops

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Confused mum84

Have seen a security guard just standing around in the carpark watching where people go . If I were you I'd go into the store , buy one or two items & then go out side door & continue onto hospital from there . There is a side door to exit the store that will bring you out to the high street by Ulster bank & four star pizza. Wouldn't stay there too long though 1.5 hours tops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

They clamp pretty quickly if they security guard sees you walk off. Same for people going into Costa apparently but I haven't witnessed this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I'd rather pay the parking in the hospital than having to pay the release fee.
    I agree really. If you don't want to pay the parking in the hospital, your best bet is a parking disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

You could try Wilton Shopping Centre but same rules apply - maybe do a small amount of shopping in the centre before discretely heading to your appointment? All at your own risk of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

The areas around CUH is clamp central unfortunately. Depending on how long you are going to be in the hospital I would take a chance at the Tesco end of Wilton SC. There are some clandestine parking opportunities in and around the hospital where you are unlikely to be clamped but may end up with a sticker on your windscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its a small car park, so wouldn't risk it for the sake of saving €3 in the actual car park.

Have seen cars clamped plenty in Wilton too.

Another option and one which I have used plenty is buy a parking disc and park in the estate just before the Garda station (Bishopstown Court?). Half the price and nice and legal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,587 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We've often parked in Wilton and we just walked through the centre and out again. I thought everybody did it. I wouldn't leave the car their for the day tough!

Advertisement