Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gazpacho ??

Options
  • 18-01-2017 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭

Gazpacho? it was part of a starter I had a mates recently; who on earth like that? yuk.. don't see the point - enlighten me if i am being ignorant

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What exactly is your question? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭sporina

Faith wrote: »
    What exactly is your question? :confused:

i really disliked it - i am just wondering if anyone does?? and why? am i missing/ overlooking something nice about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

I've never eaten gazpacho because the concept of cold soup leaves me, er, cold. Not to mention it's now the middle of winter.

Stand up for your tastebuds :) If you don't like it, you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Saw them setting this out as a skills test on Professional Masterchef before Christmas. Even expertly done it still looked unappealing.
    Gonna have to try it now:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Maybe it was the way your mate made it?
    My mother used to make this the odd time,and it was gorgeous.
    I guess if you've never tried cold soup before it sounds like a wierd concept,and possibly better suited to summer,but absolutely lovely,and I'm craving a bowl now that you've reminded me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭sporina

yes maybe heat and sun are the main ingredient - cold soup - even sounds wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I like it, even though I don't really like cucumber. It's definitely a summer dish though; so refreshing when it's hot out.

Advertisement