Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ivf price break down

• 18-01-2017 7:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

Hi I am wondering about IVF costs.Is the full amound due up front or are there payment plans to pay along the way? Any info would be great.Sims open day didnt go in to much detail on costs but did give a price list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

For us it cost just under 10k from start to finish. That was for testing, two rounds of IUI which were unsuccessful, a full rounds of IVF which resulted in pregnancy (which sadly ended in miscarriage) and embryos to freeze, a frozen embryo transfer which was unsuccessful and a frozen embryo transfer which was successful.

Our clinic (Cork fertility centre) billed as you went along. I think the biggest single bill we got as €2,500. Medications are expensive so make sure you have a drug payment card to cap it at €144 per month. The process from start to end was about 18 months for us.

Our health insurance gave a one off payment of €1,000 towards it and that was all we could claim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 foxc85

brokensoul wrote: »
    For us it cost just under 10k from start to finish. That was for testing, two rounds of IUI which were unsuccessful, a full rounds of IVF which resulted in pregnancy (which sadly ended in miscarriage) and embryos to freeze, a frozen embryo transfer which was unsuccessful and a frozen embryo transfer which was successful.

Our clinic (Cork fertility centre) billed as you went along. I think the biggest single bill we got as €2,500. Medications are expensive so make sure you have a drug payment card to cap it at €144 per month. The process from start to end was about 18 months for us.

Our health insurance gave a one off payment of €1,000 towards it and that was all we could claim.

Thank you id say it was a long agonising 18 months.The expense is unreal. Having recently bought a house an married last year its such a set back knowing the costs and not much help out there.I think we are going straight to ivf at 4650 euro fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Don't forget you can claim "medical expenses relief" as tax back.
    You get 20% back which is 2 grand for a 10,000 outlay.
    Not to be sniffed at!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

foxc85 wrote: »
    Thank you id say it was a long agonising 18 months.The expense is unreal. Having recently bought a house an married last year its such a set back knowing the costs and not much help out there.I think we are going straight to ivf at 4650 euro fingers crossed

It was tough alright, but you just need to take it one step at a time.

Forget to mention that you can claim the tax relief as kyeev says, very very useful!

kyeev wrote: »
    Don't forget you can claim "medical expenses relief" as tax back.
    You get 20% back which is 2 grand for a 10,000 outlay.
    Not to be sniffed at!
    oh definatly not too be sniffed at

• Advertisement

For us it is a time is ticking age wise problem so need to come up with the cash soon.Ever say to your self "Why Us"

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Its the best money we ever spent but of course that's only if you are successful.
    Best of luck with it.
    We kept saying "its only money" as it dwindled away!!

kyeev wrote: »
    Its the best money we ever spent but of course that's only if you are successful.
    Best of luck with it.
    We kept saying "its only money" as it dwindled away!!
    Hopefully we get lucky on the first round.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DublinKids

what a long journey... Hopefully medicine will come us with something... to help families to have kids... Such a beautiful wish

Hopefully we get lucky on the first round.. thanks
    Best of LUCK !

• Advertisement

For us it is a time is ticking age wise problem so need to come up with the cash soon.Ever say to your self "Why Us"
    probably nearly all say "why us".
    or if the time is ticking age wise, people probably think-why didn't i investigate it and find it out earlier...
    We have to stay positive i suppose... and hope for the best.

DublinKids wrote: »
    what a long journey... Hopefully medicine will come us with something... to help families to have kids... Such a beautiful wish
    Yes I wish there was something.Or evening funding to help couples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Yes I wish there was something.Or evening funding to help couples

There are a few clinics here where you can apply for a 'grant' Or even the HARI will offer free or hugely reduced IVF through their public clinic although Im sure the waiting lists are huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stella03

Hi everyone! We are currently looking for a clinic where ivf with donor eggs can be done. I had 5 cycles of ivf with oe. All of them failed. We spent a lot of money. So now we are looking for a clinic with reasonable prices. How much does de ivf cost in European countries? I'll appreciate any info! OP, I hope you'll find answers for you questions! Good luck!

Stella03 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! We are currently looking for a clinic where ivf with donor eggs can be done. I had 5 cycles of ivf with oe. All of them failed. We spent a lot of money. So now we are looking for a clinic with reasonable prices. How much does de ivf cost in European countries? I'll appreciate any info! OP, I hope you'll find answers for you questions! Good luck!
    Hi sorry for the late reply, I believe IVF in prague starts at 2500, if you google it you will see options straight away.I think all the consultations are via skype, and and you fly over for the treatments I think you put aside 1 week over there but may need to book late flights.It is an option we have considered.We have our 1st IVF consult next week to get the ball rolling so we dont know what to expect

Stella03 wrote: »
    http://www.fertilityclinicsabroad.com/ivf-abroad/ivf-czech-republic/ here is some more info regarding ivf abroad as mentioned in last post.Hope this helps

Advertisement