Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Series Olympic distance for €40

Options
  • 18-01-2017 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

This is not an advertisement - I just want to highlight the price difference between this National Series Olympic distance race and Kilkee's €90. The early bird price is €40 going up to €55 at the end of January, or if you bring 10+ club members to the race I think you get a discount each.

I have absolutely nothing to do with the Sligo club but feel like this type of initiative needs to be applauded and supported. I know that Nenagh have now selected this as our away race and we will hope to bring 20+ to the race plus an overnight stay.

I find it very strange how one club can organise a race for half the price of the other. Fair play to Sligo for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I was also goin to point this out but was hoping to wait until later when I get home and enter before doing so as I don't want it o sell out before I get a chance :p

Great to see and looking forward to the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Have to admire your effort Huff and Puff! Just to let you know, I was halfway through regging for HOTW a while back and quit the application because of what you wrote about it. I've just regged for this one now. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Capitalist, but you're dead right about a distorted market for races.

Fair play Sligo Tri.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Yeah, but what's the goodie bag like?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ShineyShiney

The Tribesman Olympic Triathlon in association with Galway Triathlon Club will also be €55 to enter with early bird at €40 until the end of March.

Not yet open for entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

tunney wrote: »
    Yeah, but what's the goodie bag like?

It's class! I got a towel a tshirt and bag full of promotional food and drink last year.

Great course and well organised race. Pity about the drive 😟

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Pity about the drive

Well now, that depends where you are starting from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

It's class! I got a towel a tshirt and bag full of promotional food and drink last year.

Great course and well organised race. Pity about the drive 😟

No useless badly-fitting blue jacket? I'm disappointed.

Entered it now. €40 entry + €40 diesel, I've somewhere to stay for free near enough and can cook dinner up there. So all in is cheaper than the entry alone for Hell of the west which would be. Probably in total would be 1/3 of the cost to do Hazelwood than Hell of the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭griffin100

MojoMaker wrote: »
    No useless badly-fitting blue jacket? I'm disappointed.

It's not all useless, I wear mine when sleeping in the back of the car when my kids are in swimming at an unholy early hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

is it a sea swim ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Begs

woody1 wrote: »
    is it a sea swim ?

Don't think so - I think it was in Lough Gill last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

looking at google maps lough gill would make sense..
    for some reason i had it in my head it was sea swim, maybe from some of the previous locations
    tempting so !

for some reason i had it in my head it was sea swim, maybe from some of the previous locations
    tempting so !

Possibly because there is also the Mullaghmore triathlon up there which is a sae swim?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

tempting so !
    Possibly because there is also the Mullaghmore triathlon up there which is a sae swim?

Used to be a sea swim at Rosses Point for a couple of years.

Last years course is on here http://www.sligotriathlon.ie/club

2 laps of a 750m swim with a deepwater start

Run was 3 laps of a trail, anyone that did it last year recommend flats vs trail runners?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Skevz

Club member & 1 of last yrs race directors here... Calm Lake swim. Race flats all the way as tree cover keeps it dry. Do a lot of my long runs there as flat trail with gravel so easy on the joints. A lot of clubs looking at picking as club/away race so we welcome ye all with open arms! Make sure to stay for a party as we like to play as hard as we race!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

The Tribesman Olympic Triathlon in association with Galway Triathlon Club will also be €55 to enter with early bird at €40 until the end of March.

Not yet open for entries.

Hi shineyshiney,

Is there a race date confirmed? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ShineyShiney

Hi shineyshiney,

Is there a race date confirmed? Cheers

Provisional date is July 15th hoping to confirm this week and get it in the TI calendar.

Advertisement