Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know how to get Avios points in Ireland other than aer lingus?

Options
  • 18-01-2017 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Looks like the credit cards that qualify for Avios aren't available in Ireland. Anyone know of any workarounds for getting the extra points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Certain retail websites and Kildare Village. Certain UK retails if you use parcel motel. Absolutely every retail way of getting them is on avios.com

Some hotel chains may still allow buying them with their points but I've not dug in to that recently.

There will be a credit card here at some stage, don't know what issuer. Barring the intro deal which will likely be nice, the per euro payout will be tiny as the interchange rate was slashed by the EU and all reward cards are now crap across Europe - and Ireland always had the crappest of the ones going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Topcashback pay out in Avios.
    Supervalu will reward you in Avios

snubbleste wrote: »
    Topcashback pay out in Avios.
    Supervalu will reward you in Avios

Was going to say that was kept quiet, but it doesn't seem to actually be active yet anyway. SV and BOI were meant to be the partners from the get go but it didn't happen due to various delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Sign up to rocketmiles and book any hotels you need through them...can credit to avios (ba executive club)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

L1011 wrote: »
    Was going to say that was kept quiet, but it doesn't seem to actually be active yet anyway. SV and BOI were meant to be the partners from the get go but it didn't happen due to various delays.
    But Supervalu are partners with BoI.
    https://supervalu.ie/rewards/collect-points/bank-of-ireland

Collect (poor) points on credit card and then when the avios scheme launches, convert to avios points.

• Advertisement

Now launched with a 250 avios bonus for first transfer.

I've long since moved to using CC for all purchases I possibly can - no transaction charges, the amount of cash flowing over the card basically stops interest charges as I'd spend and pay off enough each month that there rarely are unpaid transactions older than the cutoff date. The limited avios are a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

I've been booking my hotels via Agoda... cheap, all my invoices in one place and I get Avios points...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

L1011 wrote: »
    Now launched with a 250 avios bonus for first transfer.

I've long since moved to using CC for all purchases I possibly can - no transaction charges, the amount of cash flowing over the card basically stops interest charges as I'd spend and pay off enough each month that there rarely are unpaid transactions older than the cutoff date. The limited avios are a bonus.

Which credit card do you use to get the Avios?

Bank of Ireland, all cards offer it. Rate is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

I collect Avios when I'm shopping online - https://shopping.avios.com/en/
    I collected over 600 avios on a purchase from holland and barrett when Avios were having a triple points weekend, you need to keep an eye on these promos.
    There's lots of retailers on there at the minute but you have to use that website and click through to the website you're looking to purchase from in order to get the avios points

• Advertisement
Advertisement