Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deliveroo spam text messages

Options
  • 18-01-2017 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi, looking for some advice in relation to stopping receiving text messages from deliveroocs.

I am not a customer or have ever registered with this company. The latest message was today from deliveroocs saying a delivery from wa cafe could not be delivered your cc will not be charged.

Rewind 6-8 weeks ago I was constantly getting messages from deliveroo in relation to non delivery of takeaways and even delivery drivers ringing me late friday/saturday night looking for directions.

I rang deliveroo in the uk explained my situation and gave them my mobile number and I was told they would come back to me within 72 hours.

I never got a reply but thankfully never received any further text messages until today.

I rang deliveroo cs in the uk today and I was told they could not help me and I have to email support@deliveroo.co.uk and explain my complaint.

I said to the guy why this wasn't mentioned to me before and I wasn't happy emailing your company in case you start sending me more spam.
    I've already explained my complaint to this company and all I'm getting is duplication.

Can this company be reported for spam messages and they be asked to stop this, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Sounds like someone miss typed their mobile number when registering with deliveroo.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pat1981

Skatedude wrote: »
    Sounds like someone miss typed their mobile number when registering with deliveroo.

Yes that was mentioned by deliveroo cs but no actio taken to remedy this.

Advertisement