Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice restaurant in Kilkenny

Options
  • 18-01-2017 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi All,
    I'm going to Kilkenny for a weekend in February and was just looking for a restaurant recommendation as I don't know the city. It'd be for an early meal on a Saturday night (couple in late 20s in case that influences your recommendation).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

sky1234 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I'm going to Kilkenny for a weekend in February and was just looking for a restaurant recommendation as I don't know the city. It'd be for an early meal on a Saturday night (couple in late 20s in case that influences your recommendation).

Thanks in advance.

There's another thread on this forum about restaurants but I'd recommend Rinnucini's anyway. They do early bird on Saturdays also 5 - 6:30
    http://www.rinuccini.com/rinuccini-menus/rinuccini-lunch-menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rum Ham!

There's another thread on this forum about restaurants but I'd recommend Rinnucini's anyway. They do early bird on Saturdays also 5 - 6:30
    http://www.rinuccini.com/rinuccini-menus/rinuccini-lunch-menu/

I'll 2nd Rinnucini's, I was there last Friday and it was perfect like always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

Anocht is lovely. Very nice location in the design centre, and I couldn't fault the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Rinnucini's is good.

Campagne is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I like Rinnucini's. It's slightly old fashioned, but in a good way. Food is quite rich, but also in a good way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

A little random and completely off topic but I found a 50 voucher for Rinnicinis last week under the bed. No idea if it'll still work. No expiry date so I guess it will.

I've no use for it. First to pm me, I'll post it to you (for free).

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

There's a tapas place in the city. Can't rememberthe name of it but would highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

ptogher14 wrote: »
    There's a tapas place in the city. Can't rememberthe name of it but would highly recommend it

Grapevine on Rose Inn St. Grand spot alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Italian Connection is also very good and I find their prices are quite reasonable also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Rinuccini consistently delivers food and ambiance that's well ahead of the pack.

Campagne is on another level in terms of ambition & execution, though Michelin star dining is just too fussy for my tastes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I found it the least fussy of all the Michelin Star places I've been. But any time I've been there was for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Petronella in the butterslip is my favourite restaurant in Kilkenny, on par with Campagne without the hefty prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

ciaradx wrote:
    Petronella in the butterslip is my favourite restaurant in Kilkenny, on par with Campagne without the hefty prices!

The duck in Petronella is so good.

Advertisement