Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle repair shops

Options
  • 18-01-2017 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place with good prices for bike repairs. I go to Halfords and they are fine. But are there any other options around the city anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Velocity in Oranmore are streets ahead of any other bike shop in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Alan & Co in Westside Cycles are very good & reliable IMO. Over near Domino's Pizza on the Seamus Quirke Rd.

http://www.westsidecyclesgalway.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'd also recommend Westside Cycles. Nice guys to deal with.

For advanced work/repairs venture out to mbw in Moycullen. http://mbwbikeshop.rideit.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

West Ireland Cycling are fantastic, they used to be near the Cathedral in the little building with the red door but have since moved down near Monroes.

I've never had an issue they cant fix on the same day and even for multiple repairs I don't think I've spent more than 25€ in one go, they'll frequently do one or two things for next to nothing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Walshs cycles on the headford rd near argos. Excellent to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

on yer bike on prospect hill,
    several great dealings with them, when others have let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

+1 for Velocity in Oranmore Business Park. My #1 choice for any bike repairs even though I live on the west side of Galway city.

If it has to be a city centre shop, then On Yer Bike on Prospect Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

West Ireland Cycling are fantastic, they used to be near the Cathedral in the little building with the red door but have since moved down near Monroes.

I've never had an issue they cant fix on the same day and even for multiple repairs I don't think I've spent more than 25€ in one go, they'll frequently do one or two things for next to nothing too!

I used to go to them and I never knew they had opened up elsewhere. They were very good and decent and always did a bit extra for nought. An Irish speaker I seem to recall. I might just go to them again. Only problem is that Halfords have got the parking sorted if you have a bike in the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 coffeegirl

<snip> If you need something done for your bike this guy can do it. He's amazing and cheap. Very PRO!
    yes, they've moved. <snip>

I'm their customers for years and never disappointed. Parking spaces available too, just outside the shop. Not a bother! exact new address : <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shill close

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement