Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing Machine not draining..

• 18-01-2017 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Have checked filter and its clear. Sounds like pump is going but the water doesnt seem to be moving anywhere. Its a Bosch Classixx 1200

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Gunge in the sump, that's the short black hose between the bottom of the drum and the pump. Or possibly a small item like a child's sock. Did any drop of water at all come out when you removed the filter cover.
    Can you actually see the pump impellor rotating or is it just making a humming sound. It may be jammed by something small like a needle or a matchstick.

REMEMBER, CAREFUL DOING ANY CHECKS WITH POWER ON...!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Micky8728

Yeah small bit of water came out when i removed filter. The filter clean.

Micky8728 wrote: »
    Yeah small bit of water came out when i removed filter. The filter clean.

And there is Stillwater in the drum, yes?
    Remove the short black hose I told you about, just remove it from the pump housing first. You may then be able to pull out whatever is stuck in there.
    Have cloths, flat saucepan ready to collect any water.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭monstermag

Try putting it on drain cycle, takes a few minutes if that doesn't work u might have to call someone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Micky8728

Thanks. Will give it ago tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

as a DIY er the simplest way to check the pump is set it to drain with the filter removed and press the start button , you should be able to observe the pump impellar rotating, stop it and start it a few times with the start button and if it is hesitant to start it needs replacing, if you can get your fingers in to the pump and there is up/down play in the pump shaft it is worn, btw what is the FD number of the machine it will be on the inner door frame

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tuacathach

have the same issue.. had to drain it... my issue it seems is that although the pump is working its just not got enough power in it to push the water upwards.. if i lay the drain hose out flat it will work.

Tuacathach wrote: »
    have the same issue.. had to drain it... my issue it seems is that although the pump is working its just not got enough power in it to push the water upwards.. if i lay the drain hose out flat it will work.
    You need a new pump.!

Advertisement