Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Eir experience

Options
  • 19-01-2017 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Good evening, 

One of your sales team called to my home last week offering fibre 
    broadband as the infrastructure has been recently upgraded in our area. I invited him in he proceeded to outline the services and packages available, I gave him my details but informed him that I would contact him the after the weekend as I had to consider other providers. The followING day I received an email welcoming me as a new customer and informing me of a time/date the following week an installation team would be calling to carry out works. 

I called his mobile number a numer of time over the course of 2 days and left voice mails..no reply. I called to the Eir store in my local town and was advised to call custmer support as the staff in the shop seemed to be totally in the dark on the actions and promises of the sales team on the road. I contacted your customer chat service and from there delegated to your 1800 303 600 number. After a 10 minutes of waiting and jumping through hoops to get to a member of the "cancellation" team I eventually got my installation canceled with very little acknowledgment of any wrong doing on Eir's behalf!

To say I was unhappy about this whole experience is an understatement, again today I got a call from your sub contractors (KN) asking what time I would be able to provide access to my home for installation?! They were unaware it had been canceled and suggested I call customer service again.

(1) Is this an acceptable manner to treat a potential customer I ask you? 
    (2) Should I incur the cost of calling an 1800 number to cancel a service I never requested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

bonzos wrote: »
    Good evening, 

One of your sales team called to my home last week offering fibre 
    broadband as the infrastructure has been recently upgraded in our area. I invited him in he proceeded to outline the services and packages available, I gave him my details but informed him that I would contact him the after the weekend as I had to consider other providers. The followING day I received an email welcoming me as a new customer and informing me of a time/date the following week an installation team would be calling to carry out works. 

I called his mobile number a numer of time over the course of 2 days and left voice mails..no reply. I called to the Eir store in my local town and was advised to call custmer support as the staff in the shop seemed to be totally in the dark on the actions and promises of the sales team on the road. I contacted your customer chat service and from there delegated to your 1800 303 600 number. After a 10 minutes of waiting and jumping through hoops to get to a member of the "cancellation" team I eventually got my installation canceled with very little acknowledgment of any wrong doing on Eir's behalf!

To say I was unhappy about this whole experience is an understatement, again today I got a call from your sub contractors (KN) asking what time I would be able to provide access to my home for installation?! They were unaware it had been canceled and suggested I call customer service again.

(1) Is this an acceptable manner to treat a potential customer I ask you? 
    (2) Should I incur the cost of calling an 1800 number to cancel a service I never requested?
    Hi bonzos,

thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustration completely. I do sincerely apologise for your customer journey on this. We aim to provide a high level of customer care & I'm very sorry this has not been what you've experienced the last few days. If you would like to PM your full name & address I can try manually locate the account from here & also if you have the sales agents name I can escalate this to management.

Apologies again for this inconvenience. 

Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Hi bonzos,

thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustration completely. I do sincerely apologise for your customer journey on this. We aim to provide a high level of customer care & I'm very sorry this has not been what you've experienced the last few days. If you would like to PM your full name & address I can try manually locate the account from here & also if you have the sales agents name I can escalate this to management.

Stacey

Hi Stacy

Since your response I have received numerous texts warning my account is in arrears. I called your customer number(again) and explained that I received had previously gone through the whole "canceling " process. Your customer rep (Sonia) was dismissive of my situation to say the least. I was assured that my account was now closed and I wouldn't be charged for the router is never ordered or received. Again to it received an email demanding €140. Your treatment of customers is nothing shoreally of disgraceful! I will PM you further details and will pursue my complaint through a 3rd party.

Buyer beware

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Similar experience here...! Not a happy camper at the moment. In saying that my door to door rep was brilliant and hopefully he will be able to resolve the issue for me. Phone support was dismissive and not informed of their products. Terrible so far and I haven't even had an install. Regrets are creeping in fast.

Rats

ratsam wrote: »
    Similar experience here...! Not a happy camper at the moment. In saying that my door to door rep was brilliant and hopefully he will be able to resolve the issue for me. Phone support was dismissive and not informed of their products. Terrible so far and I haven't even had an install. Regrets are creeping in fast.

Rats

Rats,

Get advise and persue eir if your not happy, make the guy who sold the product to you accountable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi bonzos,

Stacey

Hi Stacy

Since your response I have received numerous texts warning my account is in arrears. I called your customer number(again) and explained that I received had previously gone through the whole "canceling " process. Your customer rep (Sonia) was dismissive of my situation to say the least. I was assured that my account was now closed and I wouldn't be charged for the router is never ordered or received. Again to it received an email demanding €140. Your treatment of customers is nothing shoreally of disgraceful! I will PM you further details and will pursue my complaint through a 3rd party.

Buyer beware
    I'm sorry to hear this bonzos. I'm afraid Stacey is no longer with us. Can you PM me instead please?

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Pamela

As you are now the 6th different person I have had contact with from Eir I simply had enough at this stage. Eir 1-0 customer.....I give up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Pamela

As you are now the 6th different person I have had contact with from Eir I simply had enough at this stage. Eir 1-0 customer.....I give up!
    I can understand your frustration  bonzos. If you change your mind and wish to PM me I'm more than happy to assist from here.

-Pamela 

Advertisement