Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks opening in Dungarvan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Maybe they see potential there?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

On local paper, Ger Wyleys have been bought by Elverys....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've been told that they it is going in to a pretty decent location too, so i expect it to do quite well.

Looking forward to it, always loved starbucks coffee, hopefully the novelty won't wear off when it's so easily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Any idea where the location is?

I've been told it's going in where cocobean is, the bagel bar was there previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

I heard it's going in to the old Halifax bank on the square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

seanaway wrote: »
    I heard it's going in to the old Halifax bank on the square.

Great for the town. Will look nice there. Looking forward to popping in when I'm in to doing my shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Good for the town but bad for independent coffee shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Good for the town but bad for independent coffee shops?

Jitterbeans could be hit hardest with the takeawy coffee business, hope not, I like the coffee there.

Some great coffee shops in town Interlude, Meades, Ormonds, Cass & Co, etc, hope they don't get squeezed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Roanmore wrote: »
    Jitterbeans could be hit hardest with the takeawy coffee business, hope not, I like the coffee there.

Some great coffee shops in town Interlude, Meades, Ormonds, Cass & Co, etc, hope they don't get squeezed out.

Those places have food offerings that would differentiate. Starbucks I can see being a hit with teenagers though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

blue_blue wrote: »
    Starbucks I can see being a hit with teenagers though.
    Probably too expensive for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Anyone know where/when it's opening?

Haven't heard anything in months about this.

Apparently they have staff training in Waterford for the positions, but i'm down there quite a bit and i've not seen any new staff in there training, so who knows.

It would appear that this is now going in to the location where Tiffany's was.

Work has been going on there for the last number of weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

And as usual everyone's been losing their sh!t over it opening.

I can see them doing a bit of damage to the other cafe's around for a while, as everyone will want to try it because it's new.

Opened today at lunch time.

Seems to be busy enough today anyway, and will be probably for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Its bad for local coffee shops. Starbucks coffee is not actually that good. Its American novelty coffee which is pretty bad compared to stuff from mainland Europe.

You dont see Starbucks so much in places like Italy, France and Spain where people drink decent coffee.

I dont see what is great about Dungarvan having exactly the same coffee shop as countles other places in the world. What makes it unique? I would much prefer to go to Dungarvan and have something in a local cafe that I cannot get or is different than every other major town in Ireland , UK and North America and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

First impressions....full of noisy teenagers, tables not cleared.
    I left without ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

First impressions....full of noisy teenagers, tables not cleared.
    I left without ordering

Had a friend go in with 4 teenage daughters, she said the place was filthy, tables not cleared and rubbish on the ground.
    I'm sure it's probably just teething problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement