Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The X Factor UK 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Will anyone say that was an Amazing performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

well compared what was before,yes

Good old Louis " Amazing" Grace!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

God that last song was just gorgeous....never heard it before. Beautiful lyrics! ....there's something in my eye!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm an hour behind and some of the acts are :eek:

I kinda like Nathan though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm an hour behind and some of the acts are :eek:

I kinda like Nathan though

We all like him BUT Simon did the right thing
    He is a nice guy so why prolong the agony and make him waste time and money
    He isn't anywhere near good enough

The thing is though they used to put guys like Nathan through.Just even to make up the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

They could be taking into account that Nathan probably has enough on his hands being custodian of his gorgeous little daughter, who is still at a young age. A year later, she will probably be at a more manageable age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Eyepatch wrote: »
    They could be taking into account that Nathan probably has enough on his hands being custodian of his gorgeous little daughter, who is still at a young age. A year later, she will probably be at a more manageable age.

That's ridiculous. There are millions of single parents working every day at a thousand different professions, including singing and they are able to do it. Nathan's problem is he is not a very good singer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'd not be surprised if he was back this year. ....

The only reason he got a second song was because of his situation !
    He just isn't very good and has absolutely no stage presence
    Simon did him a Favour
    Harsh but fair

They did impress on him "how hard it is" going through the process. My intuition is that that was not purely based upon his singing performance, but upon his personal situation. They did suggest he try again next year. If he was that bad, they would just have given him four No's. End of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

They did impress on him "how hard it is" going through the process. My intuition is that that was not purely based upon his singing performance, but upon his personal situation. They did suggest he try again next year. If he was that bad, they would just have given him four No's. End of!

If it was to do with the competition being tough given his situation then why would they make him hang around all day (with his young baby in tow) to sing another song,when the competition and his situation would remain the same? They would have let him go first time round. He was just not good enough. I think they were letting him try a song more suited to his voice but he continued to do that weird over singing thing and so he wasn't good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Looking forward to catching up today. :D
    Not very interesting so far, IMO.

• Advertisement

Re Nathan: He showed himself extremely determined to learn. Surely "over singing" would be something he could learn to change. Obviousy, the judges saw somthing in him or they wouldn't have called him back, in the first place.

Re Nathan: He showed himself extremely determined to learn. Surely "over singing" would be something he could learn to change. Obviousy, the judges saw somthing in him or they wouldn't have called him back, in the first place.

He oversang the second song as he did with the first one. He learnt nothing from the first audition, he didn't listen to what Simon told him. Sharon and Nicole gave him an "emotional" yes. If he got through he wouldn't make it passed bootcamp.

I'm sick of the sob stories from fathers (single or in a relationship). Your child(ren), your responsibility. Raising your child(ren) doesn't make you special. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

dubstarr wrote: »
    I said that,theres no soul.It seems very produced.
    No novelty acts or really anything fun.

Yeah, I reckon the reason they're losing so many viewers is because the fun has gone out of it completely. Half the joy of watching the audition stages was the bad acts and the ones with big personalities and bad attitudes. Simon has become much less harsh as the years have gone on too; he's just a pussycat now really.

The amount of ad breaks is crazy and doesn't help either...

The judges did say his 2nd auditin was better than his first. Maybe he had learned something! There were plenty of contestants who oversang and actually got through, so over-singing doesn't seem to be a deal breaker.

The judges did say his 2nd auditin was better than his first. Maybe he had learned something! There were plenty of contestants who oversang and actually got through, so over-singing doesn't seem to be a deal breaker.

Over singing when your voice is only average is not the same as over singing with a powerful voice,if you've decent voice then over singing can be pulled back and toned down, if it's only average and all you can offer is over singing the song then toning it down isn't gonna work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I agree about the show this year not being very good so far so far for me it's bland nothing at all rememberable. I mean it can only get better right ;)
    It feels like it's missing something, apart from those that are shíte, no act has made me say wow, I only remember the acts when the recap is shown at the beginning. Normally there might be some acts that make me want to go back on to YouTube and rewatch their audition. They are also lacking young male singers and groups which I think I mentioned last week

The problem with Nathan to me anyway is he has no personality.Hes using hes a single father and he will wok really hard.That might have worked in previous years but he is bland.Not even annoying just bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

She lost her voice.....:D
    What voice?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Probably the most appropriately named contestant in the history of the show... Sh!ttu.

I can see 1 of tehm going through,much hand wringing ensues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Very mean editing here. Poor guy.

Daniel a surprise package... but it was building up to that

Hes fodder.Is it just me or have i become cynical.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe homeless in Anguilla after Irma directly hit it.

Deanna is a good singer,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

dubstarr wrote: »
    The problem with Nathan to me anyway is he has no personality.Hes using hes a single father and he will wok really hard.That might have worked in previous years but he is bland.Not even annoying just bland.

The best part about his audition was Dermot holding the little girl in his arms, so sweet!

The whole show seems over produced to me. The backing tracks are intrusive and auto tune is definitely being used. There is also something very weird going on with the bottom half of Simon's face that is annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

I hate this....oversinging!

She can sing but i still don't like it

That was the best audition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Didn't like it - too much shouting. Her voice is too high and whiney for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

That song was way too big for her, those big notes were so strained I winced listening to it. But of course the judges lapped it up!

I liked her with a bit of help sh could be brilliant

she looks the part and has a great smile.
    I thought she was good but straining at times, but the judges thought her singing was effortless

CH3OH wrote: »
    I thought she was good but straining at times, but the judges thought her singing was effortless

Whitney wasn't a good choice for her- didn't have the depth for it. Her voice was a bit too high and it was strained at times like you say. Beautiful woman though and a good singer, probably excellent with a better suited song.

• Advertisement

back to the cleaning on Monday

Not a good audition, come on and sing it with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

That could be a Calvin Harris track ;)

CH3OH wrote: »
    She will make judges houses minimum
    Not everyone can sing Whitney and don't need to
    There is a bit of Rihanna about her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Calvin Kleaner. :)

Calvin Kleaner. :)

:D:D

Boom Tish

• Advertisement

Nicole will shed a tear