Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Brian? wrote: »
    I’m hoping I can explain this properly. The floor in my gym is covered in black matting, think it’s common enough. A lad here has peeled out one of the tiles of matting and is standing in the gap dead lifting.

As I wrote this, he stopped to take off his socks and resume lifting. His connection to the ground must be epic.

It’s spreading today there’s a couple squatting with tiles pulled up. The bloke is wearing Deadlift socks to squat.

They’re super setting the squats with eating rice cakes.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It’s spreading today there’s a couple squatting with tiles pulled up. The bloke is wearing Deadlift socks to squat.

They’re super setting the squats with eating rice cakes.

No fish?

No fish?

None, thankfully.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Anyone heading to ABS this weekend .. should be an epic comp

whippet wrote: »
    Anyone heading to ABS this weekend .. should be an epic comp

Would love to but will be away. Can't remember if they had a stream last year but had all the videos up on FB after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Was at a wedding at the weekend and an uncle, whom I hadn't seen in 10+ years, came up to me and said "I didn't recognise you because of the beard and you've put on weight - wait wait nononono wait I didn't mean thaaat!"

My reaction was like:

bc7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Was at a wedding at the weekend and an uncle, whom I hadn't seen in 10+ years, came up to me and said "I didn't recognise you because of the beard and you've put on weight - wait wait nononono wait I didn't mean thaaat!"

I miss the days when I had first bulked up a bit and every single person I saw after having not seen them for a while had something nice to say. I had been tall and skinny for so long it made a real difference. Novelty wore off ages ago apparently.

Anyone know if there are any other shops that do clothes like River Island's muscle fit line? Slightly stretchy cotton, form fitting but not tight - they're great, but they're out of my size on most colours and they're pretty limited in the colours in the first place. Most other t-shirts are either too small or baggy around the waist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Zillah wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any other shops that do clothes like River Island's muscle fit line? Slightly stretchy cotton, form fitting but not tight - they're great, but they're out of my size on most colours and they're pretty limited in the colours in the first place. Most other t-shirts are either too small or baggy around the waist.

Under armour

Gym shark?

I don’t know why I’m answering to be fair. I dress like a numpty in the gym.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

I'd like to help but this is the kind of conversation had in out house, gender roles reversed obviously...Kenny Powers is not the marrying kind...

Gym shark?

I don’t know why I’m answering to be fair. I dress like a numpty in the gym.

Oh I don't mean for the gym. I just assume this is the kind of place where there will be people who don't have beer bellies!

Oh I don't mean for the gym. I just assume this is the kind of place where there will be people who don't have beer bellies!

Ah right. I’m definitely no good to you so, I wear whatever polo shirts I can find in TKMaxx 99% of the time.

My belly is pure steak by the way.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,434 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

silverharp wrote: »

*Louis Simmons voice*

"You begin by loading 50% of your 1rm clean to the bar. Then you add two triple nipple bands which adds 40lbs of resistance twelve inches from the floor. After that you smash the athletes patellae into pieces, this reduces peak force output from the knee and increases the intensity of the lower weight increasing the amount of force applied to the acceleration of the mass. Chip Berningdale won the 1912 welterweight championship in Columbus with a similar approach. I broke my back in '92 but last week I did a 800lbs zercher good morning to a box of pins with 91.6lbs of band tension at the top.

It's pure physics you see."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

His knee and ankle must be wrecked.
    Hope to heelhook yourself with a bar.

silverharp wrote: »

Whhhhhhyyyy?

"You never go full retard".

Words to live by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Is that a genuine exercise? It doesn't look like it should be but it also looks like the strap hooks are purpose made for something like that, or what are they for?

Is that a genuine exercise? It doesn't look like it should be but it also looks like the strap hooks are purpose made for something like that, or what are they for?

I think you can train the deadlift this way, to work on your lockout.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

They're made for banded deadlifts.

Cleans are a good exercise.
    Banded deadlifts are a good exercise.

But banded cleans are incredibly stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

But he clearly worked up to that weight, so he must have managed to do a few reps as he ramped up the weight.

Unless he just decided to add the band's at that weight...🀔

JJayoo wrote: »
    But he clearly worked up to that weight, so he must have managed to do a few reps as he ramped up the weight.

Unless he just decided to add the band's at that weight...��

Sure. Light enough weight/band combo and it's no different to a clean. It's not dangerous because its difficult, It's dangerous because eventually you miss, and when you miss, the bar is launched at you legs - which are already at their limit in a compromised position..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Check ASOS - you can filter on slim fit, muscle fit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Mellor wrote: »
    JJayoo wrote: »

Unless he just decided to add the band's at that weight...��

Sure. Light enough weight/band combo and it's no different to a clean. It's not dangerous because its difficult, It's dangerous because eventually you miss, and when you miss, the bar is launched at you legs - which are already at their limit in a compromised position..

I would have assumed the main danger is that the bar is being pulled back down much faster than normal, so you have less time to get under the bar regardless of weight

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

in bargain alerts
    Maybe tell your Gym buddies!

69425355_2560502990667439_1113808513047461888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQkIUVtIysQY2XzXIMjS5UZR6ktGKbKh42g2hdk9FEsQYuIUOl1Q4Ia6OD_S3bjdjMY&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=8edc662b3b75a3ad711840566cb236e8&oe=5E0238BC

defs gona stock up on them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bluewolf wrote: »
    defs gona stock up on them

note the bit about having to have some sort of loyalty card, not sure if you just walk in and get one or have to do it online or something.

• Advertisement

The strawberry and vanilla ones must be gack. The canteen at work had a 2-for-1 deal on Fulfil bars and loads of them left.
    Spar have them for €2 a pop now as well.

Advertisement