Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Mellor wrote: »
    Was there a reason you didn't want to use the 15kg bar? I mean your perfectly entitled to use whatever bar you want. And there's no reason why did couldn't do 65kg front squats with a 15kg bar either.

I sometimes look for the 15kg bar specifically, I rather it for certain exercises.

The gym was quite busy I would have had to go off and find the right plates to supplement the lost weight and the smaller weights / the tens were hard to find. It was an inconvenience to me, also I found him quite patronising, he was giving me these smug smile glances once he had set up his weights as if he was the ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I wasn't sure what you meant my supplementary weights in the OP. So maybe that was a factor.
    But I was thinking that it as simple as adding in 2x2.5kg. If there where no 2.5's around, point that out and that's the end of it imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In the long term illness forum, lucozade dropping its sugar supposedly to fight obesity but really to avoid sugar tax. Should have just made a new version.
    I thought that it would be good to pop this up here for people that have diabetes. The lucozade manufacturer will be cutting 50% of its glucose from their product on april 2017. They will not be putting this message on their product so be aware of this if you use lucozade to bring you up from a low. You will need to drink twice as much now than before for the same effect.

Best of luck.

Link... https://www.thesun.ie/news/793007/the-lucozade-formula-is-changing-and-irish-people-with-diabetes-have-been-warned-that-they-need-to-take-care/
    rubadub wrote: »
    Tesco have nutritional info for 1L and 380ml bottles. The 1L figures appear to be the new ones.

380ml
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=251602514
    Lucozade Energy Original
    Ingredients

Carbonated Water, Glucose Syrup (25%), Acids (Citric Acid, Lactic Acid), Flavouring, Preservatives (Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulphite), Caffeine, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Colours (Sunset Yellow, Ponceau 4R)

per 100ml
    Carbohydrate (g) 17
    of which sugars (g) 8.7

1L https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254855083
    Lucozade Energy Original
    Ingredients

Carbonated Water, Glucose Syrup (13%), Acids (Citric Acid, Lactic Acid), Acidity Regulator (Sodium Citrate), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Caffeine, Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame-K), Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Colours (Sunset Yellow, Ponceau 4R), Flavourings

per 100ml
    Carbohydrate (g) 8.9
    of which sugars (g) 4.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

It wasnt a total disaster tbf.
    I equalled a bench pr,
    Added 5kg to deadlift, for 4teos instead of the planned 3 reps.

Can only get imagine the session if I had bacon and eggs for breakfast

Out of curiosity mellor, what are your PR's?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity mellor, what are your PR's?
    Bench press was 96kg x 4. I've equalled that once before. It's my 5rm nemesis.
    Deadlift was 170kg x 4. Relevant PR's are 175x5 and 185x3, so no records there.

Progress is slow to non-existant with low volume, 2 days a week.
    Especially if I change a lift to something else for a few months. When I change back I'm mostly regaining previous PRs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Got kneed in the knee playing soccer. Looks I have 2 knee caps. Tomorrow is deadlift day, this morning is a concern.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Brian? wrote: »
    Got kneed in the knee playing soccer. Looks I have 2 knee caps. Tomorrow is deadlift day, this morning is a concern.

Stray knees do ridiculous damage. Got a knee in the calf (how, ffs?) 5 minutes into a match and it seized right up and the whole back of my leg from back of knee down was spectacularly bruised for a week.

Brian? wrote: »

I used to be a deadlifter like you
    Then I took a knee to the knee

sorry i'm going now and i hope it feels better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Seen someone setting a pretty cool example in the gym this morning. A woman was in there benching and doing pendlay rows with her 6-7 yr old son quietly sitting to the side out of the way with his colouring book.
    Great example on so many levels

Misread that the first time, thought she was doing Pendlay rows with her son

• Advertisement

Misread that the first time, thought she was doing Pendlay rows with her son

It'd be a great plan for progression, "eat up son, mammys gotta work on her back size"

It'd be a great plan for progression, "eat up son, mammys gotta work on her back size"
    Milo of Croton, 5 time wrestling champ from the ancient Olympics. Know for his phenomenal strength. Part of his training was carrying a calf up a hill on his shoulders. Every day, the same calf, for 4 years.
    Although by the 4th year it was no longer a calf, Milo was carrying a bull.

Milo of Croton, 5 time wrestling champ from the ancient Olympics. Know for his phenomenal strength. Part of his training was carrying a calf up a hill on his shoulders. Every day, the same calf, for 4 years.
    Although by the 4th year it was no longer a calf, Milo was carrying a bull.

That reminds me of me resisting my dogs attempts to pull me when we're out walking, which she's been doing since she was a pup. The stronger she's gotten the stronger my scapula retraction and core has gotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

This looks like it might be daycent:

Limerick 1 & 2 July

Greg Nuckols <3

http://www.europeanpowerliftingconference.com/

It looks awesome.

My first belt just arrived
    I have no idea what I'm doing :D
    Also I'm hoping I shouldn't have ordered a bigger size
    Get your hand in between belt and tummy?

bluewolf wrote: »

Should be room alright cos when you're bracing yourself your waist area will be bigger than what it might be wearing normal trousers etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Three fingers anyway. Well wear.

Can confirm belts are awesome

Where did you get the belt?

• Advertisement

Strength shop 10mm lever

Strength shop 10mm lever

Solid choice. Same as my own. Comfortable from the off.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words. So does the opening of the lever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Wore a belt the other day for the first time in over a year. Cut to bits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Question not worth a thread.

Gyms in santry, Google tells me 30e Ben dunne near enough. All I'll need is a squat rack around 8.15pm on a weekday, this sound okay? Morton stadium has a gym which is where I'll be running but seems a little steep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

IvoryTower wrote: »

Gyms in santry, Google tells me 30e Ben dunne near enough. All I'll need is a squat rack around 8.15pm on a weekday, this sound okay? Morton stadium has a gym which is where I'll be running but seems a little steep

€350 for 12 months is pretty good imo. It's very well equipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Alsaa up the road opposite the airport is 30 a month all inclusive, includes use of the water suite (jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, plunge pool) and 25m pool also.

DylanJM wrote: »
    IvoryTower wrote: »

€350 for 12 months is pretty good imo. It's very well equipped.

Yep that's pretty good, I won't need it for the whole year though, monthly would suit better

VW 1 wrote: »
    Alsaa up the road opposite the airport is 30 a month all inclusive, includes use of the water suite (jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, plunge pool) and 25m pool also.

On the way home as well, nice one

After going back to doing a couple of cycles of 5/3/1 I looked at how it went and now I've come up with a revolutionary new training methodology...... 8/5/3/1
    I think I'll go write an ebook

• Advertisement

After going back to doing a couple of cycles of 5/3/1 I looked at how it went and now I've come up with a revolutionary new training methodology...... 8/5/3/1
    I think I'll go write an ebook

I'm a little ahead. I developed 5/4/3/2/1 and I even have a protein bar that I'm going to market the sh*t out of with it

434e0a780ebba6df225b1027e62cd166.jpg

Advertisement