Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

bluewolf wrote: »
    Can confirm belts are awesome

For deadlifts too!
    Still needs breaking in opened a couple times haha
    This is amazing. Max is 120kg
    Just picked up 115 2x1 no bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Ive been tempted to get a belt lately, just for rep work during training, they're pricey enough though still not sure if its worth it just for the odd session.

Been trying to find a new pair of straps aswell since I lost mine. Anyone know where you can order closed loop straps online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

I'm a little ahead. I developed 5/4/3/2/1 and I even have a protein bar that I'm going to market the sh*t out of with it

434e0a780ebba6df225b1027e62cd166.jpg

oh god remember the 80s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I do not recommend eating a full Easter egg shortly before going to bed.... Not only do I feel a bit nauseous, but I'm flippin' wired instead of sleepy! :(

Searched for "everything" on MFP
    did not disappoint

Everything
    Everything, 1 cup, 117548999999999992258692813676615827456 calories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Better cut back on everything so 😔

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Next up: a search for the calorific content of 'moderation'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Searched for "everything" on MFP
    did not disappoint

Everything
    Everything, 1 cup, 117548999999999992258692813676615827456 calories

Uuugghhh, I'm on a small deficit. Not sure if that fits into my calorie count, for the six months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

So I ended up squatting 5% more than I was meant to yesterday. No wonder it was so tough! Didn't die though. Success!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Free copy of the first issue of f Monthly Applications in Strength Sport (MASS), a new research review by Greg Nuckols, Mike Zourdos, and Eric Helms

http://tonygentilcore.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=e46a072b8e4a1acdb014b2378&id=04fbc6801d&e=86600f4bfb

• Advertisement

Been looking forward to it for some time. Some serious knowledge bombs gon' be dropped.

I knew the lat pulldown machine was popular but some aul fella just got really worked up over it
    2 sets in, on my phone while resting

"ARE YOU EVER GOING TO USE THAT MACHINE"
    "wat"
    "YOU'VE VEEN THERE 15 MINS ON YOUR PHONE TEXTING ARE YOU GOING TO USE IT"
    "it's been 5 mins actually, I'm keeping track. I've done 2 sets and I'm doing 2 more"
    "WELL ITS A VERY LONG FIVE MINUTES IM WAITING"
    "well do you want to work in? You can usw it right now?"
    "FIFTEEN MINUTES YOU CAN TEXT SOMEWHERE ELSE YOU KNOW"
    "five minutes. do you want to work in or not?"
    "NO NO not til you're done" & puts his headphones back on and flaps his hand at me
    Ok buddy

Waited til i left to post that :p

So did you use it or did you just keep texting for another 15 minutes? :p

I was very tempted to particularly as he sat nearby glaring at me for the next while between his own sets. I took my full rest after the next set and did my best nonchalant look
    There's a second machine i note he didn't go over and roar at them. If anyone was even using it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I was very tempted to particularly as he sat nearby glaring at me for the next while between his own sets. I took my full rest after the next set and did my best nonchalant look
    There's a second machine i note he didn't go over and roar at them. If anyone was even using it

Some people are just solid gold numptys. I had pretty much the same run in with a guy when benching a few years ago.

I'm not going to lie though, I wasn't texting, I was reading a BBC good food magazine I found on the way in to the gym. A middle aged gent confronted me between sets, genuinely furious. I told I was resting and has 3 sets to go. He was welcome to work in. He seemed to be further incensed by this, shouted "I can't do that, I'll be using more weight than you" and stormed off.

It was a recipe for a lamb tagine, in case anyone was curious.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

This one?

Was it nice?

This one?

Was it nice?

It was indeed. Very tasty. I added extra apricots to bring a more fruity balance to it.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

25% off a bunch of Adidas weightlifting stuff until midnight tonight if anyone's interested. Use the code FRIENDS at the checkout. Adipower weightlifting shoes for ~€132 delivered.

https://www.adidasspecialtysports.ie/listing/friends-family?repSportCategory=44

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Brian? wrote: »
    It was indeed. Very tasty. I added extra apricots to bring a more fruity balance to it.

Class; I've left over lamb from
    Sunday and I'll give that a bash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Went to do bicep curls with a straight bar on the cable machine and it was like pulling a cheese grater! Chalk or something probably would have helped but I think I'll just stick to dumbbells!

Some cartilage loose in my left knee. There goes my squatting come back. Knee arthroscopy number 2 on the way :(

they/them/theirs

Some cartilage loose in my left knee. There goes my squatting come back. Knee arthroscopy number 2 on the way :(

I'm the same - well knee arthroscopy number 1 on the way :( How did you find it the first time in terms of rehab time etc.?

I'm the same - well knee arthroscopy number 1 on the way :( How did you find it the first time in terms of rehab time etc.?

If all you're getting is the arthroscopy you'll be fine. I had a lateral release done as well, that was hard part.

they/them/theirs

If all you're getting is the arthroscopy you'll be fine. I had a lateral release done as well, that was hard part.

Great - thanks! It's a torn meniscus so hoping it won't be too bad anyway.

Great - thanks! It's a torn meniscus so hoping it won't be too bad anyway.

Same here this time, I hope. There is something floating around inside my knee! We should start a sub forum for knee athroscopy survivors.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'll raise ye one with bipartite pattella. It's my right knee. Gp hasn't a clue, physio could only think of cortisone injection for the swelling on the lower outside of my knee when it's bent.
    My knee clicks and pops like mad and worse under load, consultant said just keep the quad strong because it keeps the knee supported better and will reduce further damage to the cartilage.

It does get fierce stiff at times and painful the odd time but other than that it's hunky dory.

guil wrote: »
    I'll raise ye one with bipartite pattella.

Sounds like a disgusting chocolate spread.

Sounds like a disgusting chocolate spread.

:D

Patella - the raw cacao date-sweetened paleo version :)

Also I see they have a new Protein Bounty bar now - as if Bounties weren't vile enough already :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Hey bountys are lovely
    I make homemade ones that a friend who hates bountys, loves

Advertisement