Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,834 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Leonardo was the Hannibal. Raphael was the Mr T.

Respect for how you played that, nonetheless.

MichaelAngelo was Murdock so.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Pizza is overrated.

Good Pizza is wonderful. However 99.7% of the pizza sold in Ireland is not good pizza. Far too bready and too many toppings.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Brian? wrote: »
    Good Pizza is wonderful. However 99.7% of the pizza sold in Ireland is not good pizza. Far too bready and too many toppings.

Too much bread and too many toppings? You know you can just buy some tomato sauce and eat it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Proper oven, homemade dough, decent homemade tomato base and good ingredients and pizza is fantastic. Alas "'twas caviare to the general" raised on freezer food and Dolmios etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dominos pizza is woeful. They can get it to me in 15mins or it's free. But only because the base is a soft doughy mess

• Advertisement

I love domimos gf pizza. The goodfellas gf one i had last night was grand. Very thin base. Brian would have approved

Brian also never gets to comment on my boojum choices again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

bluewolf wrote: »

He believes burritos should be made with a wrap and that pizzas should be made with a wrap.

Consistency in a world gone mad.

Or maybe it's just Brian's mad?

I love domimos gf pizza. The goodfellas gf one i had last night was grand. Very thin base. Brian would have approved

Your Boojum choices are a horror show. No foolin.

they/them/theirs

He believes burritos should be made with a wrap and that pizzas should be made with a wrap.

Consistency in a world gone mad.

Or maybe it's just Brian's mad?

Listen here. And listen here good. I hate "wraps". They're a shockingly poor substitute for a decent tortilla.

I don't believe burritos should actually be made. I love me some tacos. I've a Mexican friend who's changed my mind forever on burritos. A burrito is like a spice bag, it's something immigrants make to keep the local populace happy.

Love me a nice spice bag.

they/them/theirs

Listen here. And listen here good. I hate "wraps". They're a shockingly poor substitute for a decent tortilla.

I don't believe burritos should actually be made. I love me some tacos. I've a Mexican friend who's changed my mind forever on burritos. A burrito is like a spice bag, it's something immigrants make to keep the local populace happy.

Love me a nice spice bag.

We'd have used every Italian name in existence before you'd be considered for a position as a ninja turtle.

• Advertisement

Your Boojum choices are a horror show. No foolin.

YEAH WELL
    SO'S YOUR FACE

HOW'D YOU LIKE THEM APPLES

:D:D

YEAH WELL
    SO'S YOUR FACE

HOW'D YOU LIKE THEM APPLES

:D:D

Let's be honest, my face isn't worth defending.

they/them/theirs

We'd have used every Italian name in existence before you'd be considered for a position as a ninja turtle.

My turtle name is Giovanni. Suck it.

they/them/theirs

My turtle name is Giovanni. Suck it.

The one kept in the coal bunker?

Makes sense.

"Bring out Giovanni"

"Giovanni's sleeping"

"Well, then I guess you're gonna have to wake him up now, won't you?!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Anyone got a recommendation for a good physio in Dublin?

Aidan Woods at Pearse St Physio (amd Tadhg O'Mahoney in there as well.

Also, Paul Opperman at Dublin Sports Clinic on Cumberland St, around the corner from The Gingerman. COH recommended him to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭COH

Also, Paul Opperman at Dublin Sports Clinic on Cumberland St, around the corner from The Gingerman. COH recommended him to me.

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Thanks dudes!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

I have gone to Warwick Gordon in the IFSC a couple of times and find him very good. Works with the Irish powerlifting team so good knowledge on lifting related injuries (as im sure most physios do to be fair)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

For some reason my local discount shop Mr Price has started stocking a massive range of protein bars. Some better macros than others but the range and price is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

This is probably an incredibly dumb question but here goes.

So there's an endurance run (basically a 1km track and you do as many laps as possible in 2.5hrs or something, earning money for charity for each lap you do) coming up in 3weeks, in which I've entered for the craic.

It's been 2 years since I did any sort of regular running (in which time I've put on close to 20kg of weight, pretty much all muscle) so I know I'm going to be completely ****ed. However, my goal is 10k under an hour, with absolutely zero running training occurring before the race.

I'm allowed to walk but the dickhead inside me reckons walking for 2.5hrs is for pussies so I've just set this target arbitrarily.

Am I deluded if I think I can do 10k under an hour given my circumstances? My best 10k was 45~ before I stopped running and the pursuit of gains became my life's purpose, but I still think I'm fitter than the average joe.

What sort of things can I do on the day to make sure I don't die after 3km, other than a decent warm up?

This is probably an incredibly dumb question but here goes.

So there's an endurance run (basically a 1km track and you do as many laps as possible in 2.5hrs or something, earning money for charity for each lap you do) coming up in 3weeks, in which I've entered for the craic.

It's been 2 years since I did any sort of regular running (in which time I've put on close to 20kg of weight, pretty much all muscle) so I know I'm going to be completely ****ed. However, my goal is 10k under an hour, with absolutely zero running training occurring before the race.

I'm allowed to walk but the dickhead inside me reckons walking for 2.5hrs is for pussies so I've just set this target arbitrarily.

Am I deluded if I think I can do 10k under an hour given my circumstances? My best 10k was 45~ before I stopped running and the pursuit of gains became my life's purpose, but I still think I'm fitter than the average joe.

What sort of things can I do on the day to make sure I don't die after 3km, other than a decent warm up?

Same as that in terms of best 10k time.

If I was in your position I'd just start at the 10 km/h pace and take it from there. You should be able to gauge intervals in a 1km track. If not, do the first 1k at a comfortable pace and maintain that. See how that feels from 5/6 k and if it's there, ease up the pace.

Some people are doing the angry rope thrashing near me and it's a lovely breeze

Some people are doing the angry rope thrashing near me and it's a lovely breeze

Last summer during the hot day, I happened to be doing C2 intervals and was facing some lad who was giving it socks on the spinning bike. He was devastated when I stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Last summer during the hot day, I happened to be doing C2 intervals and was facing some lad who was giving it socks on the spinning bike. He was devastated when I stopped

Summer in Ireland, my favourite day of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Moving back to Dublin in a few weeks and am rejoining Hanley's gym as a result. I'm (literally) like a fat kid at a sweet shop, so excited!

I gave him carte blanche to do what he wanted with me. Double entendre entirely intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Moving back to Dublin in a few weeks and am rejoining Hanley's gym as a result. I'm (literally) like a fat kid at a sweet shop, so excited!

I gave him carte blanche to do what he wanted with me. Double entendre entirely intended.

Cya at the racks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lol, Crossfit antics, What was this lad thinking. (starts at 4 mins)

https://youtu.be/N5y1JbW3eLY?t=240

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Mellor wrote: »
    Lol, Crossfit anthics, What was this lad thinking. (starts at 4 mins)

https://youtu.be/N5y1JbW3eLY?t=240

Oh god the absolute cringe at faking videos just to qualify. Just pathetic stuff.

Advertisement