Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

rubadub wrote: »
    I thought you meant the hickory at first!, I got hickory in dealz 2years ago 400g for 1.50, not sure if it is there now.

woodies are charing ?9.99 for 700g :eek:

http://www.woodies.ie/weber-wood-chips-hickory-842644

I don't use chips to be honest. I use chunks in a Weber smokey mountain. That's a ridiculous price for chips.

I'm working off the last of my hickory chunks I shipped home from the US in 2014. I shipped about 10kg home, goes a long way.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

ford2600 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyjrUAimzZg

That you at 3.20...

Looks pretty similar. Used Applewood.

That is cheap

Deadly. I must get a coat like that.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Brian? wrote: »
    Deadly. I must get a coat like that.

It would go well with your pug stringer.

It would go well with your pug stringer.

That's he great thing about a space pug vest. It goes with everything.

they/them/theirs

The last week or so I've been having cornflakes as a snack in the evening. Too lazy to weigh them so I've diligently been logging them as 40g servings.
    Finally weighed them today ... turns out it's been 20g all along.
    lols

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

testtech05 wrote: »
    OK so firstly I want to apologise for the long winded nature of the story. I'm a long time follower of Hanleys mails and training programs and always read the daily emails from him but unfortunately I have never had the chance to train in RevFit as I am based down in the west of the country but I have noticed a funny/worrying trend lately that is indirectly related to Hanley.

There is a gym down here close to where I work which Hanley gave a seminar in 1 day a couple of years ago, this same gym has recently changed from a commercial style to a more 1 to 1 or group PT orientated approach. (All pretty boring so far I know but bare with me.)

I am on the mailing list for both Gyms so today I get an email from both 1st from Hanley @ 9am titled "Do These 3 Things To Tone Up & Lose Weight Before Summer's Out" and secondly from the local gym @ 11:30am titled "3 Ways to lose weight this summer". I thought surely a coincidence given the topic and time of year etc but when I went on to read the mails large parts of Hanleys mail are just copied and pasted into the one from my local guy, the rest just changed slightly. There have been similar mails before where I have gotten a biut of deja vu from reading them but never as blatant as today.

I am just wondering if anyone else thinks there is something wrong with this or am I just overreacting, maybe there is a link between the 2 gyms that I am unaware of as this particular local gym is not where I go. Just looking forward to some opinions on it and as Hanley was involved this seemed like the best place for it!

I know what gym you are on about as I was a member there. I unsubscribed from the email as the grammar and layout of the emails was very unprofessional and there was way too many emails coming in. Can you look back and see if there is a pattern?

There's another gym in the town that was doing group training, PT and Semi PT training before them and they've basically just turned in to that gym. That's not a slight on them. I lost a lot of weight when I was a member there and enjoyed myself to a degree there.

I'm sure if Hanley is still looking in and it wasn't authorised then he'll be looking into it himself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

How likely or unlikely is it that you could break a rib squatting with a belt on?

Felt a pop and am in quite a bit of pain.

VW 1 wrote: »
    How likely or unlikely is it that you could break a rib squatting with a belt on?

Felt a pop and am in quite a bit of pain.

It's certainly possible. Could also be intercostal muscle injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Ever bronek a rib before? Did a few years back and if I push it I can literally feel them stretching, not nice.
    Don't think they ever really heal properly, hopefully it's just strained.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

It's certainly possible. Could also be intercostal muscle injury.

Hoping its the muscle part.
    bladespin wrote:
    Ever bronek a rib before? Did a few years back and if I push it I can literally feel them stretching, not nice.

Yeah the same one that I think this one is, it was the same kind of feeling, pain but not agony. The agony came the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

VW 1 wrote:
    Yeah the same one that I think this one is, it was the same kind of feeling, pain but not agony. The agony came the next day.

Don't think they ever really heal fully, hopefully it's just a strain.
    Funny thing is mine never bother me during bp, it's heavy squats that aggravate it.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I've been making granola lately and it's the business as a snack very easy to make too for cheap given Aldi have loads of nuts in their baking section. I'm sure you might have come across this guy before but his videos are hilarious and I pretty much just followed the general idea for his recipes....the power stone is key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,634 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Sale on adidas.ie today. Up to 50% off some stuff. Powerlift 3s have 30% off.

Sale on adidas.ie today. Up to 50% off some stuff. Powerlift 3s have 30% off.

Marvellous. Thanks!

Now I've to go and buy shoes I don't really need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,834 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Marvellous. Thanks!

Now I've to go and buy shoes I don't really need.

Women have been doing it long enough. Equality

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Women have been doing it long enough. Equality

True.

I also just realised it's Father's Day on Sunday so present identified.

Have had the chance to catch up on all the episodes of Danny Lennon's Sigma Powerlifting Podcast and it's definitely worth subscribing to.

Helluva line up there so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Have had the chance to catch up on all the episodes of Danny Lennon's Sigma Powerlifting Podcast and it's definitely worth subscribing to.

Helluva line up there so far.

It's really excellent. Also one recently on the nutrition podcast that focused on sports psychology and mental cues. Really interesting!

allym wrote: »
    It's really excellent. Also one recently on the nutrition podcast that focused on sports psychology and mental cues. Really interesting!

That the one with Arthor and the researcher from UL?

Edit: listened in to Britt Gubbs and JP Cauchi - Powerlifting Exposed - and it's hilariously unstructured but it's cool listening to the lads just talking about something in powerlifting and really get into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

That the one with Arthor and the researcher from UL?

Edit: listened in to Britt Gubbs and JP Cauchi - Powerlifting Exposed - and it's hilariously unstructured but it's cool listening to the lads just talking about something in powerlifting and really get into it

Yeah that one! Think it only went up this week but I found it really interesting.

Must give that a listen as well

• Advertisement

allym wrote: »
    Yeah that one! Think it only went up this week but I found it really interesting.

Must give that a listen as well

Only two episodes so far. First had John Haack and Joey Flexx on it. Second was just BG and JP discussing what change to make to powerlifting to improve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

D'Agger wrote: »
    I've been making granola lately and it's the business as a snack very easy to make too for cheap given Aldi have loads of nuts in their baking section. I'm sure you might have come across this guy before but his videos are hilarious and I pretty much just followed the general idea for his recipes....the power stone is key

His breakfast sandwich is something else. A good thousand calories worth of food

Jaysus. The size of the boxes they put down for the little 'uns to get their feet down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,575 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Been cutting weight lately. A few comps coming up and want to get down a division. Down 3.5kg in 6 weeks.

Was roughly maintaining strength. Even increasing some lifts. But in the last two weeks bench disappeared. Last fours weeks have been; all sets I was aiming for 5 reps

96 x 5
    97.5 x 3
    97.5 x 3 (missed twice decided to wind back a bit)
    93.5 x 4
    92.5 x 3

As you can see, I'm going backwards. Do you think it's just the inevitable falling when dieting. Or do I need to go to the dark side and get on the creatine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Mellor wrote: »
    As you can see, I'm going backwards. Do you think it's just the inevitable falling when dieting. Or do I need to go to the dark side and get on the creatine

If you've been training for a few years it's inevitable IMO. Energy levels just don't stay the same. I've been cutting for ~10 weeks, probably increased bench on first few weeks but regressed since then to losing around 1 or 2 reps on my 5RM.

I think it's more to do with you have much less good sessions when cutting due to calorie deficit. Anyone who 'increases' weights during a cut is probably going into a surplus on some days without realising - not necessarily a bad thing but you just won't gain on a deficit (when natty no creatine).

Been cutting weight lately. A few comps coming up and want to get down a division. Down 3.5kg in 6 weeks.

Was roughly maintaining strength. Even increasing some lifts. But in the last two weeks bench disappeared. Last fours weeks have been; all sets I was aiming for 5 reps

96 x 5
    97.5 x 3
    97.5 x 3 (missed twice decided to wind back a bit)
    93.5 x 4
    92.5 x 3

How hard are you dieting? Have you tried a refeee day before benching?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Obviously a joke with the darkside comment but why would you ever cut without creatine? Like why pull back on the creatine if you normally use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,575 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Brian? wrote: »
    How hard are you dieting? Have you tried a refeee day before benching?
    Hard enough tbh.
    Low carb most days, maybe 800-1000 cal deficit.
    High carb on Thursday, still prob in deficit but smaller. Cheat meal at the weekend. Burger, a few drinks, cinema, ribs and wings, pizza. That sort of stuff.

I just found it weird that I was maintaining f numbers, even adding a rep or two. Then plummeted recently. More so in bench.
    But that might be because I'm doing full bench vrs variations in deadlift/squat. Prob is actually.
    Blacktie. wrote: »
    Obviously a joke with the darkside comment but why would you ever cut without creatine? Like why pull back on the creatine if you normally use it.
    I'm not pulling back when cutting specifically. I essentially never use it. Bought 2 small bags years ago. Threw out one half full, the other is still there unopened, probably out of date.

I'd be interested to see how it affects my water retention though. Need to be 1kg lighter in a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Following on from the Adidas sale post I found these on Amazon the other day :-)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M495XQ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Arrived yesterday, hoping to break them in tonight.
    Quick question on sizing - Is it okay if your big toe is touching the front of the shoe ?
    I imagine these will soften a bit with use so didn't want to size up
    I find Adidas trainers narrow so I think that might have something to do with it ?

Advertisement