Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,633 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Jjayoo, ever considered strongman? Huge emphasis there on overhead stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

JJayoo wrote: »
    Will finally be able to bench press :)
    200 for a solid bench seems pretty decent

Shed Gym just got real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Jjayoo, ever considered strongman? Huge emphasis there on overhead stuff.

I think my OHP is strong, in relation to other lifts, simply because it has been my main pushing movement. I don't normally have access to a bench press and messing around making dumbbells is a complete pain in the hole, so either db ohp or bb ohp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think my OHP is strong, in relation to other lifts, simply because it has been my main pushing movement. I don't normally have access to a bench press and messing around making dumbbells is a complete pain in the hole, so either db ohp or bb ohp.

What is your OHP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

BadBannana wrote: »
    What is your OHP?

95kg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Anyone else constantly getting comments in work about the amount you eat? Like this must be daily here for the last year.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Anyone else constantly getting comments in work about the amount you eat? Like this must be daily here for the last year.

#guys
    #wtbcalories

I currently share my office with one other guy and he knows my goals, so I get nothing but encouragement and the occasional croissant from shop runs.

I get comments at home cos my girlfriend is dieting, so I have to hide evidence of my McDs drive thrus. But the odd time I leave a napkin lying around or the straw cover is visible in the recycling, I get a big "THAT'S NOOTT FAAAIR!!!".

I used to get comments about my lunch as if eating reasonably healthy was hilarious.

The same lad who thought it was hilarious usually had ketchup all over his face from the baguette full of pus and sausages that were 7% pork.

But mostly no one gave a monkeys what I was eating. Like normal people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Most people were jealous of the heavenly smells coming from the microwave as I heated my lunch.

• Advertisement

Caliden wrote: »
    Most people were jealous of the heavenly smells coming from the microwave as I heated my lunch.

I heated smoked mackerel in the office microwave once.

Most people were not jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I heated smoked mackerel in the office microwave once.

Most people were not jealous.

If someone heated smoked mackerel in a microwave near me I'd throw the microwave, its contents and probably the person who decided to heat the mackerel, out the window.

If someone heated smoked mackerel in a microwave near me I'd throw the microwave, its contents and probably the person who decided to heat the mackerel, out the window.

I have a very poor sense of smell so I had no idea.

It did taste nice though #H8rzgonnah8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I have a very poor sense of smell so I had no idea.

It did taste nice though #H8rzgonnah8

At least you didn't heat pesto sauce with pasta though.

That sauce can actually just burn in hell.

Pesto is lubbly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I used to get comments about my lunch as if eating reasonably healthy was hilarious.

This all day every day. If I'm eating say chicken and veg, I get "I feel so bad for you having to eat like that" and it's always from someone who could lose 3 stone and still be overweight. At this stage I just don't respond in any way.

Wat
    I love pasta pesto :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Why are people heating food that should be eaten cold? Is nothing sacred?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This all day every day. If I'm eating say chicken and veg, I get "I feel so bad for you having to eat like that"

The bit between the lines being "not being able to eat this chicken fillet roll, bag of Tayho and wash it down with a Coke".

Once I was asked "are you on a health buzz or something?" and before I even looked up, someone popped back with "Are you on am unhealthy buzz?".

The reverberations from the mic dropping were something else.

Brian? wrote: »
    Why are people heating food that should be eaten cold? Is nothing sacred?

I'm a maverick. Sue me.

• Advertisement

Would these help?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Would these help?

Probably but again, would they slow down the rest the injury needs? I wouldn't be confident of them taking enough of the stress off the grip to load up ad normal anyway so easier to just work around in a way that doesn't aggravate it.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Would these help?

Looks like they used a dead guy to be a hand model

Looks like they used a dead guy to be a hand model

He took 'deadlift' too literally.

Was watching American Gangster last night and the scene switched to Russell Crowe bench pressing. I pointed out to my girlfriend he's not using leg drive and no arch indicated a possible lack of tension in his back, but got told to shush. These things are important, dammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Where those hand grips things for me?

I think they'd help the most and the fingers/grip aren't supporting the weight, its strapped you your wrist and held there by the width of your fist.
    Although there's some stress on it as the muscle/tendon is crossing the strap. I'll just going to go with hip thrusts and GHR...

...but I'm a glutton for punishment and I'm going to test max double-overhad deadlift tomorrow before I quit.

Mellor wrote: »
    Where those hand grips things for me?

Yea they were. I thought the hook type that the corpse was modelling would've helped the most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think if I had to keep deadlifting, the hooks would be the best way to do that. But dropping it entirely for a bit is probably the fastest way to recover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I spotted 1kg meridian peanut butter in H&B, €6.99 buy 1 get one half price, so €5.25 each. Not sure if it is online only though

http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/shop/product/meridian-crunchy-peanut-butter-60079213?skuid=082421

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I was wondering was it just me or do other people find the taste of protein bars pretty bad? I must have tried all the well known brands at this stage. Some upset my stomach and I can't stand the taste and some just taste bad. Can I ask, are protein shakes better taste wise?

Advertisement