Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

VW 1 wrote: »
    Where'd you get one? And how/why is it different to a normal massage?

It's directly poking at the areas causing any tension or issues, rather than a rubby all over massage that doesn't really do much. Get the elbows in there too . Also there is more crying than a normal massage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,831 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

bluewolf wrote: »
    It's directly poking at the areas causing any tension or issues, rather than a rubby all over massage that doesn't really do much. Get the elbows in there too . Also there is more crying than a normal massage

If you're not stuck to the paper sheet beneath you from sweating with the pain then it's not a proper massage

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Warming up for deadlifts yesterday with 80kg on the bar felt a pop in my lower back.

Not crippled, but it hurts to bend over :(:(

2 weeks out from retesting too... Cursed by the gods!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Warming up for deadlifts yesterday with 80kg on the bar felt a pop in my lower back.

Not crippled, but it hurts to bend over :(:(

2 weeks out from retesting too... Cursed by the gods!

Retesting can wait; look after your back!

Retesting can wait; look after your back!

Cheers! I did a good bit of rolling and lacrosse ball work the last two nights, pain is much better and I'm moving well again, might give deadlifts a miss when retesting #benchbenchbench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Cheers! I did a good bit of rolling and lacrosse ball work the last two nights, pain is much better and I'm moving well again, might give deadlifts a miss when retesting #benchbenchbench

I'd suggest not pushing your luck with squats either.

I'd suggest not pushing your luck with squats either.

Yes forgot to ban those also... no room for squats in my hashtag

Edit: One hour later and I'm back to square one. Went down to do my bench and decided to do a half hour of mobility to figure out whats going on. Moving nicely for most of it, until I went for tempo bodyweight squats... 3 later and I'm in agony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

79kg today. I'm meant to be on a slow bulk. This is going the wrong way :D. This is what happens when I don't track for a week!

Yes forgot to ban those also... no room for squats in my hashtag

Edit: One hour later and I'm back to square one. Went down to do my bench and decided to do a half hour of mobility to figure out whats going on. Moving nicely for most of it, until I went for tempo bodyweight squats... 3 later and I'm in agony!

Get thee to a physio. Back is too important to start guessing what the issue is and how to address it.

I wonder if "roll of shame without killing myself" should go in the achievement thread

• Advertisement

I wonder if "roll of shame without killing myself" should go in the achievement thread

Depends....was it a bench-roll-row complex?

Haha. It totally was

I made a new gym pal and her arms are serious #lifegoals.
    Hashtag and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I feel like I'm imagining something different for "roll of shame".

Mellor wrote: »
    I feel like I'm imagining something different for "roll of shame".

Rolling the bar off you when you miss a bench rep and there aren't safeties

Rolling the bar off you when you miss a bench rep and there aren't safeties

It's a rite of passage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Might be of interest to some here

Looking forward to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

On a related note, listening to the BBC athletics coverage of Gatlin and Bolt is painful. I think a lot of people are going to look very silly in a few years time. All the signs are there but they seem to be willfully ignoring them. Following Olympic weightlifting has opened my eyes to a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Looking forward to this!

Heard it's crap unfortunately. Was looking forward to it as well.

• Advertisement

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Heard it's crap unfortunately. Was looking forward to it as well.

What I read of it was that circumstances made it a lot better/more relevant than it would have been. It's decent despite itself or enough interest in there to warrant a good watch.

DylanJM wrote: »
    On a related note, listening to the BBC athletics coverage of Gatlin and Bolt is painful. I think a lot of people are going to look very silly in a few years time. All the signs are there but they seem to be willfully ignoring them. Following Olympic weightlifting has opened my eyes to a lot.

It's easy for people to like Bolt, which makes it harder for people to assume the worst. Gatlin just isn't liked. Maybe its cos he never said he f**ked, which people seem to like to hear after such things.

Watched Icarus. Would disagree that it's crap.

(If it had ended up being the documentary it was intended to be, it would have been crap. Lacked a little detail on the science behind what he was doing)

Rodchenkov makes for an interesting character. It could have delved a little more into his perception of his role in the whole thing but as a documentary not necessarily on how drug testing can be beaten but on how they brazenly attempted to circumvent it, it was sobering.

Phew...no spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Jesus how petty and pathetic are some posters on here. They come on looking for advice to achieve their goals, are given said advice and then a few weeks later set up a new thread (usually under a new username) asking the exact same thing. When people cop on to this and call the poster out on it, they delete their thread/account. What an insult to the people who took the time to try help him/her out! No doubt this poster will be back in a week or two asking the same questions, as if there's some fitness secret we're all keeping from him/her. Some people just don't want to help themselves.

Sorry, I had to let that out! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Cake Man wrote: »
    Jesus how petty and pathetic are some posters on here. They come on looking for advice to achieve their goals, are given said advice and then a few weeks later set up a new thread (usually under a new username) asking the exact same thing. When people cop on to this and call the poster out on it, they delete their thread/account. What an insult to the people who took the time to try help him/her out! No doubt this poster will be back in a week or two asking the same questions, as if there's some fitness secret we're all keeping from him/her. Some people just don't want to help themselves.

Seems to be a regular occurrence for one person in particular.

When you post, I hear the chorus of that 'Babylon Zoo' song with 'Cake Man' instead of 'Spaceman'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There was one poster who doing this for months, maybe years. Every thread was the same. Ask for advice, tell people they were wrong and he's do it his way. Never return of course. 6 months later, new thread on the same template would start.

Has it happened again recently?

Mellor wrote: »
    There was one poster who doing this for months, maybe years. Every thread was the same. Ask for advice, tell people they were wrong and he's do it his way. Never return of course. 6 months later, new thread on the same template would start.

Has it happened again recently?

Yeah, there seems to be a poster who would start a thread looking for advice, receive advice, then return looking for advice in a carbon copy of the previous thread.

We should all hang our heads in shame for not having a solution that required zero discipline or effort. There needs to be a rethink.

We should all hang our heads in shame for not having a solution that required zero discipline or effort. There needs to be a rethink.

Gastroenteritis.

/forum

• Advertisement

Gastroenteritis.

/forum

Or athletics apparently

Advertisement