Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Dallas McCarver also and he was only 26!

That was a mad one...choking on his food!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Mellor wrote: »

Ah so that's how you spot a deadlift lol

The ridiculous part is, that looks like 250kg. His mate is probably only contributing a little bit. It would be much more impressive if he just pulled 230kg.

Or if he fixed his set up, he'd probably pull 250kg solo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Brian? wrote: »
    It's all you Brah!!!!

I'm reminded of the deadlift instructional video I watched where the guy said repeatedly 'Don't move the bar!', 'Don't move the bar!'. 'Don't move the bar!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/equipment/glute-ham-developers-hyperextension/glute-ham-developer-compact-model.html

Don't suppose any of you guys have seen one of these floating around for a better price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Question:
    Is this a new business model doing the rounds to take advantage of the rise in interest in figure competitions ?

Aspiring competitior post on IG
    "Trainer" contacts competitor and gets them to sign up to his program (that seems to be all done remotely)
    Competitor either competes or has a "dramatic transformation"
    Competitor now helps to recruit other clients for the trainer and is in fact now a coach/trainer even if they haven't completed any training/courses
    Helps if competitor is a #fitfam that posts her check in pics regularly

Pretty much. Pyramid scheme marketing of training/transformations. Surprised it wasn't a thing years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Another new business model seems to be PTs now offering online PT courses too e.g. Very scant details on pre-requisites and what the accreditation allows for etc. Can see a lot more people launching similar:
    http://www.ohptuniversity.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

That was a mad one...choking on his food!

Seen some comments mentioning he miss timed an insulin shot.The chap had ballooned in size i the past year

Got told off by some idiot (after he was done curling of course) in trinity gym that "bumper plates aren't meant to be dropped" this evening. Needless to say that's my last time I'll be going back there, after they pissed millions down the drain on utter ****e, which I'm forced to pay for thanks to a mandatory levy on my fees.

Meanwhile there's a 'high performance' gym upstairs in the building which is reserved exclusively for the rugby and rowing teams because weightlifting's not a sport according to the clowns who run my university.

Anyone recommend a decent physical therapist for lifting-related stuff in Dublin? Have an issue around my tibia with my patellar tendon flare up again and I reckon it's most likely due to ****ed up hips, glutes and quads but can't pinpoint it myself.

I also joined a WL club in Raheny so with a proper coach and programming over the next few months, hopefully I'll make more progress than I did in the past year. Fingers crossed.

Anyone recommend a decent physical therapist for lifting-related stuff in Dublin? Have an issue around my tibia with my patellar tendon flare up again and I reckon it's most likely due to ****ed up hips, glutes and quads but can't pinpoint it myself.

I also joined a WL club in Raheny so with a proper coach and programming over the next few months, hopefully I'll make more progress than I did in the past year. Fingers crossed.
    Oh i was with them for a while! Loved them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,831 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

COH has the number of a guy that's reeeeal gentle. Send him a pm.

Paul Opperman at Dublin Sports Clinic

Aidan Woods at Pearse Street Physio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Aidan Woods at Pearse Street Physio

Went to this guy on Alf's recommendation; all fixed now and put on some upper back muscle in the process!

Went to this guy on Alf's recommendation; all fixed now and put on some upper back muscle in the process!

Ha...nice!

I must go back so and order off that menu!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Didn't think we were allowed name them. I used him too for a bulging disc, he was very good.
    ...did make me sign up for their pilates sessions too, which I secretly enjoyed

• Advertisement

Didn't think we were allowed name them. I used him too for a bulging disc, he was very good.
    ...did make me sign up for their pilates sessions too, which I secretly enjoyed

Don't think it's any different to recommending a restaurant or a mechanic or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Another vote for Aidan Woods, used him a couple times, excellent physio.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Oh i was with them for a while! Loved them

Yeah they seem really cool people and there are some great lifters training/coaching there so it's a great environment for sure.

I took people's advice and booked an appointment at with Aidan Woods for monday. However, I've noticed that the bone where the pain is really bad (top of the tibia, at the end of the patellar tendon) seems to be larger than on my other leg, which leads me to believe that it's likely a bone spur.

I know giving medical advice is prohibited, but would such an issue be better served going to a doctor, or should I still see the physio?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Physio will do better analysis then a GP, and they can still refer you in for scans etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Ha...nice!

I must go back so and order off that menu!

You should try talking to Dr. T, if you know what I mean.

eQBOJjz.jpg
    No, not him, the other one.

I took people's advice and booked an appointment at with Aidan Woods for monday. However, I've noticed that the bone where the pain is really bad (top of the tibia, at the end of the patellar tendon) seems to be larger than on my other leg, which leads me to believe that it's likely a bone spur.

I know giving medical advice is prohibited, but would such an issue be better served going to a doctor, or should I still see the physio?

My Da had something that sounded similar. GO sent him to a physio

Zillah wrote: »
    You should try talking to Dr. T, if you know what I mean.

eQBOJjz.jpg
    No, not him, the other one.

That's Mr T pretending to be a doctor so I'm not sure what you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I meant inject steroids for gains nevermind.

• Advertisement

Thinking of running Coan phillipi for the last few week of the year. Am I insane to think I'll be able to move properly the rest of the week?

It's only one day a week so not sure what on my other weights session. Any other 1 day per week plan to run alongside? Or anyone got a list of challenges/achievements to work towards.

Edit: By challenges/achievements I'm thinking of stuff like:
    5 min KB Snatch Test
    1/2 BW 1-Arm Press
    Strongman stuff- lifting stones, farmers carry, etc

Advertisement