Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I may be mistaken but I thought it was DB RDLs at those rep ranges in Strong Curves rather than deadlifts.

Actually, I think that's just the early stages. Probably has deadlifts in there at some stage

Barbells are introduced from week 5, first Romanian Deadlifts and then American deadlifts, weeks 9-12. Forgive my ignorance, but are these different to regular deadlifts in terms of recommended rep range?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Barbells are introduced from week 5, first Romanian Deadlifts and then American deadlifts, weeks 9-12. Forgive my ignorance, but are these different to regular deadlifts in terms of recommended rep range?

Very different. But my opinion about the rep ranges holds true.

A barbell deadlift starts at the floor with knees bent far more than the variations you've done.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

https://www.adidas.ie/leistung-16-ii-shoes/BA9172.html

Leistung 16 ii's in blue&white €85.

Excellent deal and they actually have some of the popular sizes (for men anyway) left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Caliden wrote: »
    https://www.adidas.ie/leistung-16-ii-shoes/BA9172.html

Leistung 16 ii's in blue&white €85.

Excellent deal and they actually have some of the popular sizes (for men anyway) left.

Leistung heel is even higher than the AdiPower! Did not realise they were 1" heels.

Omgggg they're so prettyyyy

Do ye go down half a size for these? They have my actual size but not my size down

What am i saying i can't afford to be buying more

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »

Do ye go down half a size for these? They have my actual size but not my size down

I was down to 2 pairs of Powerlifts.

Then I bought the laces and brought the black pair back into play.

I did end up buying shorts though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Well I ordered my actual/normal size in the powerlifts as I was not sure tbh after reading the reviews though I have quite a wide foot so maybe it will be ok - can see me having to send them back and wait for the next sale, but at least I will then definitely know then I need a half size smaller. Do you find the half size smaller is the best option with the powerlifts?

If they are totally different shoes then they 100% don't count as excessive purchases. I mean they would be different colours and everything like!

Well I ordered my actual/normal size in the powerlifts as I was not sure tbh after reading the reviews though I have quite a wide foot so maybe it will be ok - can see me having to send them back and wait for the next sale, but at least I will then definitely know then I need a half size smaller. Do you find the half size smaller is the best option with the powerlifts?

If they are totally different shoes then they 100% don't count as excessive purchases. I mean they would be different colours and everything like!

I only have one pair of powerlifts which are the smaller size and I've never known any differerent. They feel fine on me though. I suppose it's true you don't want any risk of your foot slipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

I'd just buy your regular shoe size. I'm a 10 in pretty much everything and a size 10 Adipower fits me perfectly. Tried a 9.5 and it was too small, couldn't split jerk properly in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks guys - hopefully they will fit when they arrive anyway!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys - hopefully they will fit when they arrive anyway!

Post a pic when you get them. Not many proper pictures of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads/ladies

Anyone know of an app where i can set timed intervals but also dispalys my HR from my HR monitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

O when will I learn. My thought process below a few weeks after a back tweak.

My back is fine just a small bit twingey. Must be completely healed. 65% deadlifts are nice and light to start back on too so I'll be grand.

OMG I can't put my left leg on the ground. Where are the drugs!

And that's me out of the gym for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

dashoonage wrote: »
    Lads/ladies

Anyone know of an app where i can set timed intervals but also dispalys my HR from my HR monitor?
    Your heart rate monitor possibly does both.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Lads/ladies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Mellor wrote: »

it does not...its a garmin one from 1977 :P it pairs over ant+ and thats about it.

Well ****...just downloaded a manual from 2007 and it does :P

Blacktie. wrote: »

My back is fine just a small bit twingey. Must be completely healed. 65% deadlifts are nice and light to start back on too so I'll be grand.

O no :(

O no :(

Ah diphene is helping an awful lot. I think the not being able to walk at first was just everything locking up super tight. That and my sciatic going crazy. I had planned to take a week off next week anyway so this just means it'll be a bit early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

a few weeks after a back tweak.

That'll happen when you spot weak fcukers like me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

It happens!

I was doing some double pause deads last Monday with 75% for easy doubles ahead of testing on Wednesday and managed to shear a disc and hurt a facet joint locking out my last rep.

Just about got my motorbike home, couldn't walk at all for about three days, then managed to walk but not be able to stand up correctly til Sunday, missed the entire week of work because was stuck on the sitting room floor eating pain killers like sweets.

Am still sore, was 12 weeks into the Sheiko 20 week programme and on target nicely for a great comp, now all I want from life is to be able to take a dump without pain :rolleyes:

Bye bye sheiko, bye bye comp (probably) :(

F*ck it though all you can do is laugh really, be grand .

• Advertisement

COH wrote: »
    It happens!

I was doing some double pause deads last Monday with 75% for easy doubles ahead of testing on Wednesday and managed to shear a disc and hurt a facet joint locking out my last rep.

Just about got my motorbike home, couldn't walk at all for about three days, then managed to walk but not be able to stand up correctly til Sunday, missed the entire week of work because was stuck on the sitting room floor eating pain killers like sweets.

Am still sore, was 12 weeks into the Sheiko 20 week programme and on target nicely for a great comp, now all I want from life is to be able to take a dump without pain :rolleyes:

Bye bye sheiko, bye bye comp (probably) :(

F*ck it though all you can do is laugh really, be grand .

Damn this sounds much worse!

Funnily enough the diphene seems to have sorted me out. It's better than it was before the re occurrence yesterday! Still gonna just give it a break for a few weeks anyway.

Hope you recover soon man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,831 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Funnily enough the diphene seems to have sorted me out. It's better than it was before the re occurrence yesterday! Still gonna just give it a break for a few weeks anyway.

Diphene......the greatest thing since sliced bread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Difene, codeine and paracetomol didn't make a dent tbh so I'm not taking anything now. Still managed a 160kg bench yesterday lol so all is good. I expect to be back doing some form of lower body training next week :)

COH wrote: »
    Difene, codeine and paracetomol didn't make a dent tbh so I'm not taking anything now. Still managed a 160kg bench yesterday lol so all is good. I expect to be back doing some form of lower body training next week :)

You need neurofen plus for nerve pain or something with ibuprofen.

Caliden wrote: »
    You need neurofen plus for nerve pain or something with ibuprofen.

Difene and ibuprofen are NSAIDs. What makes ibuprofen more effective for nerve pain?

Difene and ibuprofen are NSAIDs. What makes ibuprofen more effective for nerve pain?

Codeine (an opiate)

Codeine (an opiate)

Codeine is in Nurofen Plus.

But if you buy generic ibuprofen it doesn't contain codeine so I was wondering why 'something with ibuprofen' would be more effective.

Codeine is in Nurofen Plus.

But if you buy generic ibuprofen it doesn't contain codeine so I was wondering why 'something with ibuprofen' would be more effective.
    He said neurofen plus though. The genetic stuff comes with codeine too if you ask for it.

Just seen COH said codine wasnt working though. Not sure what to try after that. Heroin maybe

He said neurofen plus though. The genetic stuff comes with codeine too if you ask for it.

Just seen COH said codine wasnt working though. Not sure what to try after that. Heroin maybe

He said "neurofen plus for nerve pain or something with ibuprofen" and I'm not questioning him, I was just curious...because I love drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Anyone here regularly doing reverse hypers for their back?

I find them great.

Advertisement