Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

BadBannana wrote: »
    TRS30 wrote: »
    So just finishing up my second 6 week cycle of Hanley's strength programme. Really enjoyed it and it definitely worked in making me stronger however feel like a change to keep things fresh.
    Also going to go on a bulk as been stuck at 83kg for ages and would like to add a bit of bulk.
    Any recommendation for a programme that's good with a bulk for adding a bit of size?

Super Squats!
    Interesting. Just read up on it. I like the 30-40 mins time frame and seems to get good enough reviews.
    Have you used it? how did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Could try 531 with bodybuilding assistance template.
    https://jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101075206-5-3-1-and-bodybuilding

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

So just finishing up my second 6 week cycle of Hanley's strength programme. Really enjoyed it and it definitely worked in making me stronger however feel like a change to keep things fresh.
    Also going to go on a bulk as been stuck at 83kg for ages and would like to add a bit of bulk.
    Any recommendation for a programme that's good with a bulk for adding a bit of size?

I’ve been doing 5/3/1 for the past year nearly now. I started doing 3 cycles of Hanleys program and then straight on to 5/3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Anyone here lifting tomorrow at the IPF nats or the IPO / AIPO Single lifts? I’ll be down watching the single lifts

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

whippet wrote: »
    Anyone here lifting tomorrow at the IPF nats or the IPO / AIPO Single lifts? I’ll be down watching the single lifts

Might try get out to Santry tomorrow for IPF nats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Might try get out to Santry tomorrow for IPF nats.

What's the venue Alf?

Ssc medicine building in gulliver retail park santry
    Not the sports surgery clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I'll be spotting and loading Saturday morning session. Say hi!

Some benching from Dylan Potter. Breaks the Junior record with his handy 125kg opener, an equally comfortable 130.5kg second lift to extend Junior record and take Senior/Open record and then nails 135.

In the 66s.

Barry Pigott just missing out on an unofficial bench WR of 225. Locked it out but ass came off the bench and 2 reds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dealz have 4x380ml packs of old "full sugar" lucozade original in plastic bottles for 1.50, short dated to april 2018, mine was just as fizzy as always (PET bottles lose fizz faster than cans)

72f irish record 66kg (i think) squatting 173kg holy moly
    Bronagh peake

bluewolf wrote: »
    72f irish record 66kg (i think) squatting 173kg holy moly
    Bronagh peake

She's in the 63s.

Lol.

Nope it was the 72s,she must have gone up. Your man said she was just barely into the class

Yep she's on the 72f entry list

Nope it was the 72s,she must have gone up. Your man said she was just barely into the class

Ah I wondered if you mistook 63s for 66s.

Ah I see how i made the mistake of thinking there was a mistake in what you originally said.

Ah right. Yeah i went to see the 72s specifically, the biggest numbers i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

And to finish she deadlifts 200kg...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I spotted her for the last chance open in December. She made her 170kg squat look like a warmup. It was scary fast.

She said in a recent podcast that she's chasing 500 wilks. She's damn close.

What numbers did Barry piggot finish with. He sounds strong

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What numbers did Barry piggot finish with. He sounds strong

Lol.

I didn't see anything but the 225 bench attempt but I'd venture that his total made it over the 800kg mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Ye sounds strong is an understatement. Wish I had time to watch the 105s!

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Ye sounds strong is an understatement. Wish I had time to watch the 105s!

Is he one of the top dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Is he one of the top dogs?

Pretty much the top lifter, won best male lifter (as he usually does).

He became the first Irish PF lifter to get a 500 wilks total in December.

I’ve been doing 5/3/1 for the past year nearly now. I started doing 3 cycles of Hanleys program and then straight on to 5/3/1.
    How have you found it? how long would an average workout take?

Well essentially all you need to do is the main lifts as Wendler says himself. But I do a good bit of assistance. I’m usually done within 90 minutes

Well essentially all you need to do is the main lifts as Wendler says himself. But I do a good bit of assistance. I’m usually done within 90 minutes
    Thanks. Ideally I'm looking for a programme that I can do in about 45mins-1hour. I appreciate with less assistance work it would be shorter.
    Am going to do a deload week as just finished a couple of weeks of heavy triples and doubles. Will look into 5/3/1 and Super Squat in more detail.

Thanks. Ideally I'm looking for a programme that I can do in about 45mins-1hour. I appreciate with less assistance work it would be shorter.
    Am going to do a deload week as just finished a couple of weeks of heavy triples and doubles. Will look into 5/3/1 and Super Squat in more detail.

I could easily do it in an hour. I just add on the assistance at the end cause I have the time in the mornings

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Dtp1979 - What gains did you make from running 531 for a year?

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Pretty much the top lifter, won best male lifter (as he usually does).

He became the first Irish PF lifter to get a 500 wilks total in December.

Just seeing the numbers. 832.5 total at 102.6 in his first comp in 105s after moving up. As a reference, that would have been 3rd in last year's Europeans and 6th in IPF Worlds.

Bronagh McPeake totalled 460.5 at a 65.6 in the 72s. Would have been 3rd at Euros and 7th at worlds.

Calibre.

Advertisement