Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Very weak on bench to be honest, never very strong on it, even with practice over time, poor form most likely

Enjoying banded press ups at the moment & they're tough out, feel like I'm putting in good reps with it.

Also...I won't shut the fúck up about the looped bands I got to anybody who'll listen. Taking them on my travels, using them pretty much every day for stretching, banded hip thrusts and holds, rows, tricep extensions etc. Great for anybody working from a home setup to get full body circuit training in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Have a distinctly average to weak bench, decent enough deadlift and reasonably good squat. Having said that pretty happy with the progress on my bench so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

My bench is shíte.

But it's the same buzz trying to make it less shíte as it is to make a squat or a deadlift better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Coming extremely close to x1 bodyweight Military Press and x1.5 bodyweight Bench Press....just need to increase both by 2kg.

Surpassed x2 bodyweight Squat and x2.5 bodyweighy Deadlift.

My goal for the next 12 months is to get a x3 bodyweight deadlift.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Coming extremely close to x1 bodyweight Military Press and x1.5 bodyweight Bench Press....just need to increase both by 2kg.

Surpassed x2 bodyweight Squat and x2.5 bodyweighy Deadlift.

My goal for the next 12 months is to get a x3 bodyweight deadlift.

No homo but, how’s the physique? Is it actually possibly to get to those lifts but still not look ripped, if you don’t pay attention to your diet and train exclusively in low reps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

CM24 wrote:
    No homo but, how’s the physique? Is it actually possibly to get to those lifts but still not look ripped, if you don’t pay attention to your diet and train exclusively in low reps?

Yep can confirm. Not ripped. Half decent numbers. Muscle mag lied to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Quick Comp judging question:

If a foot moves on one side during bench do both side judges have to call it ?
    Or should it just be one red light ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

will56 wrote: »

Once any judge sees it they can call a red

will56 wrote: »

If all 3 see the same rule being broken, e.g. movement of the foot, they can all call it a red.

The judges are front and sides so they are covering the relevant angles. It doesn't mean they can only call what any rules relevant to their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

If all 3 see the same rule being broken, e.g. movement of the foot, they can all call it a red.

The judges are front and sides so they are covering the relevant angles. It doesn't mean they can only call what any rules relevant to their side.

That's fair enough, still educating myself :)

• Advertisement

CM24 wrote: »

On a cut so physique is ok atm. Def not ripped but people notice that I go to the gym. Thought I would be looking a lot better with those numbers and time in the gym.

Don't exclusively train low reps. I do Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 BBB workout with extra added accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

GiftofGab wrote: »
    On a cut so physique is ok atm. Def not ripped but people notice that I go to the gym. Thought I would be looking a lot better with those numbers and time in the gym.

I had a better physique when I was the average leg day skipping gym goer many moons ago... (Upper body only blah blah blah) My wife says my physique is btter now, and more rounder because my legs have a fair bit of size on them but I have never heard anyone ever say 'Ooooh, look at his quads in those jeans...' in real life, so I doubt that this is anyone's physique goal!

That being said you would know that I got o the gym if you looked at me, but I probably looked more athletic previously (and in my early 20's too probably didn't hurt!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

brianblaze wrote: »
    I had a better physique when I was the average leg day skipping gym goer many moons ago... (Upper body only blah blah blah) My wife says my physique is btter now, and more rounder because my legs have a fair bit of size on them but I have never heard anyone ever say 'Ooooh, look at his quads in those jeans...' in real life, so I doubt that this is anyone's physique goal!

I think that might be just because women often don't tend to say those things out loud like a guy might (but they may well be thinking them :D:o). I would definitely notice a well developed back, quads or set of glutes before arms tbh!

I think that might be just because women often don't tend to say those things out loud like a guy might (but they may well be thinking them :D:o). I would definitely notice a well developed back, quads or set of glutes before arms tbh!
    Quads and arms

calves .. it's all about the calves .. that's why I wear shorts as much as possible from feb to nov !!!

bluewolf wrote: »
    Quads and arms
    Compliment with Skinny jeans and tank tops

D'Agger wrote: »
    Compliment with Skinny jeans and tank tops

Gymshark tank tops, obvs.

GymKing baby!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Feck that. Vests from ALDI really get the ladies attention. They show of your guns and your consciousness with money. Women love some thriftiness.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It’s summer. It’s time to post this again.

I love this t shirt. I’ve nearly worn mine out. Time to buy another couple.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IBYI02Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gZg9Ab8E07DV1

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    Feck that. Vests from ALDI really get the ladies attention. They show of your guns and your consciousness with money. Women love some thriftiness.

I wasn't being altogether serious. Aldi or Sportsdirect. They used do some rugby training tops which were t-shirts but proper thick material. Durable.

The cockroaches will be wearing tops like that when they wander about after the nuclear holocaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Oh God, just came across this "women's protein" - produced in Ireland and everything.
    Look at the pricing! :eek:

450g for €40!

https://speciallyforyou.ie/collections/tubs

A cheap multivitamin and some "man" protein from myprotein/bulkpowders sounds like a much cheaper alternative to me. Whenever I see these things I really hope women don't get taken in by it :(

Oh God, just came across this "women's protein" - produced in Ireland and everything.
    Look at the pricing! :eek:

450g for €40!

https://speciallyforyou.ie/collections/tubs

A cheap multivitamin and some "man" protein from myprotein/bulkpowders sounds like a much cheaper alternative to me. Whenever I see these things I really hope women don't get taken in by it :(

Yeah but pink and hormones and collagen.

Was watching some of the Kern US open earlier .. 82kg female finished on a 280kg squat with a lot more in the tank !!! 67kg men opening with 170kg bench’s ... I’m taking up spinning or some other craic in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Does Hanley still send out the emails? Haven’t got one in a good while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

whippet wrote:
    Was watching some of the Kern US open earlier .. 82kg female finished on a 280kg squat with a lot more in the tank !!! 67kg men opening with 170kg bench’s ... I’m taking up spinning or some other craic in the morning

Aren't you ranked on symmetrical strength as elite after just two years training...

That’s where those online strength comparisons are just waffle !!!

There will be an irish lad competing in the 100kg class this evening .. Killian Carolan .. worth watching

Stefi Cohen put up 200/97.5/235 for a 532.5 total at 54kg and set the highest wilks of all time.

And then that wilks was beaten by CC Holcomb who went 280/164/275 at ~79kg....664 wilks

Stefi Cohen put up 200/97.5/235 for a 532.5 total at 54kg and set the highest wilks of all time.

And then that wilks was beaten by CC Holcomb went 280/164/275 at ~79kg....664 wilks

I saw Holcomb’s squats .. that 280 moved like most people’s openers !!

• Advertisement

Where are you watching this?? Which channel??

Advertisement