Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Any idea if Raw still offer one day passes? If so, how much? Can’t see it on their mobile site but Portobello used to be a tenner I think.

Pretty sure they still do

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I am moving to Eindhoven in a few weeks. Anyone here with any knowledge of the gym scene?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Brian? wrote: »
    I am moving to Eindhoven in a few weeks. Anyone here with any knowledge of the gym scene?

If you’re into kickboxing you’ll probably be spoilt for choice. After that I’ve no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Looks like the Ballyboggan Rd is on the list of closed roads for the pope on the Sunday of the Abs Pro weekend. Anybody know the story with being able to get there?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    If you’re into kickboxing you’ll probably be spoilt for choice. After that I’ve no idea

I’m not, unfortunately. Looking for somewhere I can squat and deadlift in peace. When I say peace, I mean covered in chalk.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Looks like the Ballyboggan Rd is on the list of closed roads for the pope on the Sunday of the Abs Pro weekend. Anybody know the story with being able to get there?

I was just thinking that myself .. looks like it's a case of driving in early and dumping the car somewhere in Finglas and walking .. not ideal on a day when you are competing !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Any idea if Raw still offer one day passes? If so, how much? Can’t see it on their mobile site but Portobello used to be a tenner I think.

Its 20 euro for a day pass now

COH wrote: »
    Its 20 euro for a day pass now

What the f*ck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Yikes! May have to create another email to get a cheaper FlyeFit pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Yikes! May have to create another email to get a cheaper FlyeFit pass.

Flyefit is a tenner or they do a three consecutive day pass for a bit cheaper than €30 iirc. I don't think there are any limits on the number of them per person (not sure what the email address thing was referring to, sorry!)

• Advertisement

Flyefit is a tenner or they do a three consecutive day pass for a bit cheaper than €30 iirc. I don't think there are any limits on the number of them per person (not sure what the email address thing was referring to, sorry!)

You normally need to give an email address to sign up for the passes. When I’ve tried to reuse the same email address a second time round it normally won’t process my order. This was last year so it may have changed since, will find out soon!

You normally need to give an email address to sign up for the passes. When I’ve tried to reuse the same email address a second time round it normally won’t process my order. This was last year so it may have changed since, will find out soon!

Oh totally never knew that! If you have a gmail address you can stick a dot anywhere in it e.g. jo.hnbrowb@gmail.com johnbr.own@gmail.com etc. and it counts as a different address but will still go your main address if that helps!

Somewhere, there is a John Brown that can't understand why he is constantly getting free gym passes in his email.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Oh totally never knew that! If you have a gmail address you can stick a dot anywhere in it e.g. jo.hnbrowb@gmail.com johnbr.own@gmail.com etc. and it counts as a different address but will still go your main address if that helps!
    You can also add +any number at the end.

e.g. rubadub@gmail.com rubadub+1@gmail.com rubadub+1111@gmail.com

I got loads of play.com vouchers doing this many moons ago. Got so many dvds delivered the postman set the house alarm off hitting the sensor inside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

https://www.amazon.com/Leangains-Method-Researched-Practiced-Perfected-ebook/dp/B07G3GFLTX Martin Berkhan's Leangains book finally came out today. He's been promising this for about 10 years!

Only costs a tenner or so for the E-book, which is nice. Paper will be out at the end of August

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

CM24 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.com/Leangains-Method-Researched-Practiced-Perfected-ebook/dp/B07G3GFLTX Martin Berkhan's Leangains book finally came out today. He's been promising this for about 10 years!

Only costs a tenner or so for the E-book, which is nice. Paper will be out at the end of August

Genuinely shocked he actually released it.

so the nominations / openers have been released for the ABS pro comp .. some interesting numbers in there ….

Nero .. 350KG Squat
    Jake Brennan - 365KG Squat
    Barry Piggot - 215KG bench
    Eamonn Harford - 370KG Deadlift

Winner is based on wilks. For that reason, my money would be on Barry. Jake and Eamon's numbers will be huge, but they are huge individuals themselves. Also, Eleiko bar and IPF judges judging depth might go against them, but they've been training in ABS for a while so probably a non issue.

Never heard of Nero, so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Never heard of Nero, so can't comment.

Nero is a f*cking monster pretty sure he has the highest raw total in Ireland. Him and Witek definitely in the running for the overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

You just need to sign in as your original email address then add the new day pass to that account, rather than trying to create a new account with the same email address.

There is no limit on the amount of day passes that can be purchased but there will come a point where a monthly sub will be cheaper.

• Advertisement

nero has the biggest RAW - with wraps total in Ireland 940kg at 125kg body weight - 538wilks
    Harford is the second biggest RAW - with wraps 912.5kg total @ 150kg BW - 504 wilks.

Barry's best wilks @93KG was about 495 at the IPF national last year and at IPF worlds this year did 493 @102kg body weight.

Barry v Harford will be a close call .. however Nero on his day is awesome ..

As for the whole IPF depth discussion .. it's a load of nonsense really .. depth is the same in all feds by the rule book. In the last couple of years there has been some controversy over depth in some federations .. but this is mainly in fully equipped comps with squat suits. the AIPO / IPO nationals this year were very strict on depth and no different to the IPF lads.

The main difference will be the eliko bar and the walk out on the squat .. but as with anything as long as you are training with it you will adapt

whippet wrote: »
    nero has the biggest RAW - with wraps total in Ireland 940kg at 125kg body weight - 538wilks

Ok, found him. Thought Nero was his actual name :o

Saw video of him walking out and squatting 370 and then missing 400 on depth... in 2008. Fookin hell

Ok, found him. Thought Nero was his actual name :o

Saw video of him walking out and squatting 370 and then missing 400 on depth... in 2008. Fookin hell

Yep .. he is 125kg of pure muscle .. and an absolute gent to go with it. I had the pleasure of training with him in his gym a while back and he was so accommodating and helpful

RangeR wrote: »
    You just need to sign in as your original email address then add the new day pass to that account, rather than trying to create a new account with the same email address.

There is no limit on the amount of day passes that can be purchased but there will come a point where a monthly sub will be cheaper.

Yeah it worked with my original email in the end. I'm just home visiting family so day passes do me fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

whippet wrote: »
    Yep .. he is 125kg of pure muscle .. and an absolute gent to go with it. I had the pleasure of training with him in his gym a while back and he was so accommodating and helpful

Not to be stirring anything but arethese guys chemically enhanced or tested much?

I’ll be diplomatic here ... the ABS pro isn’t a sanctioned event .. it’s not connected to any federation.

As such there will be no requirement for any drug testing at the competition.

The line up for the comp has lifters from different federations ... IPO / AIPO / GPC / IPF ... only the IPF and AIPO lifters are subject to testing at sanctioned meets .. while IPF lifters who represent their national team are supposed to be subject to testing out of competition.

So no assumptions can be made as to anyone’s choice of supplementation

Southside gym in sandyford are selling 4 concept 2 rowers on Facebook if anyone is interested in one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Not to be stirring anything but arethese guys chemically enhanced or tested much?

Of course not omg steriods are illegal only bold boys would do such things.

I missed the memo but I take it Clarence Kennedy isn't partaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I missed the memo but I take it Clarence Kennedy isn't partaking.

Why’d you say that? His nominations are 275/180/300 anyway.

Advertisement