Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Why’d you say that? His nominations are 275/180/300 anyway.

Just assumed because he hadn't been mentioned. Haven't seen where the openers were given.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

When is this on and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    When is this on and where?

ABS powerlifting Gym in finglas tomorrow week .. it will be an epic show .. live band .. fire breathers and huge weights.

The women’s comp will be just as spectacular.

whippet wrote: »
    ABS powerlifting Gym in finglas tomorrow week .. it will be an epic show .. live band .. fire breathers and huge weights.

The women’s comp will be just as spectacular.

Can you just show up or are tickets needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just assumed because he hadn't been mentioned. Haven't seen where the openers were given.

Nominations can be found here :).

• Advertisement

Can you just show up or are tickets needed?

just show up .. I think there will be a small entrance fee. i'd expect a decent crowd there.

whippet wrote: »
    just show up .. I think there will be a small entrance fee. i'd expect a decent crowd there.

Wouid it be a place suitable for a child? Sorry for the weird question! My kid likes watching weightlifting so he’d love it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Wouid it be a place suitable for a child? Sorry for the weird question! My kid likes watching weightlifting so he’d love it

If he also likes heavy metal bands and fire breathing, he'll absolutely love it

Absolutely ... there will other kids there I’d say .. it will be loud but a room of the strongest friendliest people you’ll ever meet !!

What's the craic with getting there with Ballyboggan Road being closed for the PayPal visit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

PayPal visit

Brilliant :D

What's the craic with getting there with Ballyboggan Road being closed for the PayPal visit?

access will be fine on the Saturday .. Sunday i'm not too sure .. I reckon it will be a case of dumping the car and walking. Not ideal for me as i'll be competing .. maybe the walk will open up the hips for the squat!

If he also likes heavy metal bands and fire breathing, he'll absolutely love it

He is partial to a bit of metal

He is partial to a bit of metal

It's great craic. I expect it to be better this year than last and last year was very enjoyable for spectators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Having Clarence there will give the event a nice bit of publicity as his YouTube vids always get a lot of views........and guys jacking off in the comments.

I can see him pulling 350kg

JJayoo wrote: »
    Having Clarence there will give the event a nice bit of publicity as his YouTube vids always get a lot of views........and guys jacking off in the comments.

Hard to know how comp conditions will affect his deadlift. It might not but people underestimate the difference between testing and competition.

Be great if he did though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Will there be any live feed of this?

He will need a big performance to pull 350 .. especially with a 300 opener .. and most of those nominated openers will drop before the comp or flight ... I’d be taking 10kg off most of the deadlift / squat nominations.

Will there be any live feed of this?

People always beg for a live feed and then max 3 people end up watching it... so i doubt it

bluewolf wrote: »
    People always beg for a live feed and then max 3 people end up watching it... so i doubt it

To be fair, probably more demand for this than an IPF meet.

• Advertisement

To be fair, probably more demand for this than an IPF meet.

that's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Will he squat high bar, bench close grip, and deadlift in heels?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

BadBannana wrote: »
    Will he squat high bar, bench close grip, and deadlift in heels?

Yes yes and yes.

I reckon the watch will also be on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Yes yes and yes.

I reckon the watch will also be on display.

And that rag around his knee

BadBannana wrote: »
    And that rag around his knee

That's material from a bomb suit...to protect from his exploding knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

My office is sponsoring people to do Hell and Back at the end of September. Anyone here done it? What kind of fitness level should you have to realistically be able to tackle the course? I can run 10ks but I'd be worried my upper body strength wouldn't be up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

My office is sponsoring people to do Hell and Back at the end of September. Anyone here done it? What kind of fitness level should you have to realistically be able to tackle the course? I can run 10ks but I'd be worried my upper body strength wouldn't be up to scratch.

You'll be grand. I'd say you could do it with very little/no training tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I did it without any training. I wouldn't worry about upper body strength the event mantra is that everyone should help each other along so any of the obstacles when you need to pull yourself over you'll normally have someone giving you a boost up.

I found the start the hardest as it was a slight uphill run but after that everyone bunched up so it was handy enough. Have a towel waiting for you at the finish

Just watched the latest jujimufu YouTube. He was using a belt that closed with a ratchet. Did anyone ever see such a belt?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Just watched the latest jujimufu YouTube. He was using a belt that closed with a ratchet. Did anyone ever see such a belt?

Like this? Or something novel?

https://www.inzernet.com/detail_belt.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FOREVER_LEVER_10MM

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement