Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Yuri Belkin pulling 410kg beltless.

Wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Apparently Clarance weighed in but never showed !!

Yesterday at ABS was much less intense but still a great show !

Great weekend of lifting !

Rice protein powder is grainy as bejaysus

Yuri Belkin pulling 410kg beltless.

Wtf.

Squatted 400kg (but cheated with a belt so it doesn't count)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm6my2IBTQI/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=e17scwi8g2om

410kg beltless

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm7y9emjbCB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14qtdshzej6bf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

bluewolf wrote: »
    Rice protein powder is grainy as bejaysus
    I've taken a bit of a hiatus from taking protein myself - not by design, I just naturally layed off it over the past 6 months or more.

Went back there and started putting it in with a few other items to make a morning shake. It's ON chocolate mint...and I find it a bit headachey as in I'll have a bit of a headache sometimes after consuming it - anybody find that with protein or supplements they consume?

It's not always the case either and could be a coincidence but something I've noticed.

Thinking of going unflavoured next time where possible as I'd be putting in blueberries, banana etc. anyway so enough flavour there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Quick Q, if you're a member for a powerlifting federation, is it possible to request statements of accounts to see how membership has been spent during the year ?

will56 wrote: »
    Quick Q, if you're a member for a powerlifting federation, is it possible to request statements of accounts to see how membership has been spent during the year ?

There is avenues for this .. via the AGM normally.

Which fed are you talking about .. as not all feds are created equally !!!

It's possible to request...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

whippet wrote: »
    There is avenues for this .. via the AGM normally.

Which fed are you talking about .. as not all feds are created equally !!!

I missed the AGM this year, and the minutes don't mention it

Its the IDFPA

I missed the AGM this year, and the minutes don't mention it

Its the IDFPA

I've never had any dealings with the IDPFA so can say how they do it.

If you are a paid up member I am sure you can request a copy of the budget that was passed at the AGM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Yeah, at any agm it is standard that a report is produced from the treasurer detailing income and expenditure and current balance of the accounts. Should 100% be contained in any agm minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Hey guys, do you guys know of any resources for choosing a lifting program. In the intermediate range of things if it matters much.

Intermediate in whats sense?

What are your lifts to bodyweight ratio roughly?

Ive been lifting for 5 years (less consistent in the last 12 months) but still seeing increases and results from Hanleys template using a 3 day split with 6,5,4,3,2,1 as a percentage of max repeatable over 14 weeks with 2 deload weeks and accessory exercises to compliment.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Intermediate in whats sense?

What are your lifts to bodyweight ratio roughly?

Ive been lifting for 5 years (less consistent in the last 12 months) but still seeing increases and results from Hanleys template using a 3 day split with 6,5,4,3,2,1 as a percentage of max repeatable over 14 weeks with 2 deload weeks and accessory exercises to compliment.

60kg to 90kg over about a year and a half, excluding two or three months I wasn't able to get to the gym.

180kg deadlift, 160kg squat, 100kg bench, 75kg OHP. In terms of bodyweight ratio I guess that's a 2xBW DL, 1.7xBW S, 1.1xBW B, and a 0.83xBW OHP

BadBannana wrote: »
    60kg to 90kg over about a year and a half, excluding two or three months I wasn't able to get to the gym.

180kg deadlift, 160kg squat, 100kg bench, 75kg OHP. In terms of bodyweight ratio I guess that's a 2xBW DL, 1.7xBW S, 1.1xBW B, and a 0.83xBW OHP

My stats arent far off yours, 75kg bw with 170 dk, 150 squat and 95 bench.

I personally love that hanley programme, as it allows you to adapt and adjust the accessory work to your weak points and the relatively low rep concentrate on your compound movements see an improvement there too.

If you want to add a fourth day for ohp go for it.

Do asearch for the hanley one and see what you think of it.

Do asearch for the hanley one and see what you think of it.

Anseo:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92687179

Gracias, search function is pants on the mobile site.

Gracias, search function is pants on the mobile site.

Search function is pants everywhere really.

Thanks for the help you guys. I'll start messing around with variations and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Search function is pants everywhere really.

Thanks for the help you guys. I'll start messing around with variations and stuff.

That’s quite the OHP you have there!!
    There’s also 5/3/1 and different variations on it too. I’ve done hanleys and 5/3/1. Plenty more out there too. Have a look and see which you’d prefer.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    That’s quite the OHP you have there!!
    There’s also 5/3/1 and different variations on it too. I’ve done hanleys and 5/3/1. Plenty more out there too. Have a look and see which you’d prefer.

Relatively short arms and a strong back help. My bench suffered because I don't like to bench

• Advertisement

Relatively short arms and a strong back help. My bench suffered because I don't like to bench

Glad im not the only one who hates benching. Really hate benching.

Cant get enough of the leg work though.

Glad im not the only one who hates benching. Really hate benching.

I love me some squats alright. 5x10, ramping intensity, beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I love me some squats alright. 5x10, ramping intensity, beautiful

Weirdos

I will forever maintain that sets of 10 squats are literally the worst thing that ever happened to anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

bluewolf wrote: »
    I will forever maintain that sets of 10 squats are literally the worst thing that ever happened to anybody

Never done a widowmaker then I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Blacktie. wrote: »

Just googled because I never heard that term. I've heard of milk and squats alright. Pretty much widowmaker 3x a week.

I'm working on my muscular endurance these days because I've spent too long doing sets of faahve. I may try an oul' widowmaker soon and report back.

Mainly do resistance band work at home thesedays but want to get to the gym for Squats & DLs - sounds like widow makers might be the right job for me - if I'm going to squat once a week then I may as well do something like that to absolutely hammer it home.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Just gone to look it up.
    Lol i dont think i could do that with an empty bar

It seems to say sets of 20 reps.. how many sets!?

• Advertisement

It seems to say sets of 20 reps.. how many sets!?
    I reckon one will do tbh!

Advertisement