Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I gave unsolicited advice in the gym this morning.

Come at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Come at me.

#PTintraining

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Come at me.

Needs context.

Did you advise them them to:
    - Stay out of your way ?
    - go and **** themselves ?
    - Give up - there is no hope for them?

Needs context.

- Stay out of your way ?

Or 'all of the above'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Anyone seen any good Black Friday deals on compression clothing? Looking for something for squatting mainly and just workout in general.

The below any good??

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tesla-Compression-Bottoms-Protection-Baselayer/dp/B07G83KXCM/ref=cts_ap_2_vtp

• Advertisement

Needs context.

- Stay out of your way ?

Told them to reduce the size of their water bottle and stop wearing a hat

TRS30 wrote: »
    Anyone seen any good Black Friday deals on compression clothing? Looking for something for squatting mainly and just workout in general.

The below any good??

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tesla-Compression-Bottoms-Protection-Baselayer/dp/B07G83KXCM/ref=cts_ap_2_vtp

Suggested price £90? Do they do the squatting for you?

They're just ten euro tights. You're not gonna lose much by getting them if they turn out to be crap but if they're good enough for Elon Musk...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Can't quote posts for some reason! Didn't see the suggested price, £90!!! Would want to be doing for it at that price.

More wondering if it worth paying more for branded one or are ones like this just as good.

Context is needed. Our gym's got in new stuff and everything is rearranged. Beforehand, the bumper plates were right beside two deadlift platforms. Now, there's only one deadlift platform with the calibrated iron plates beside it while the bumper plates are kept at the opposite side of the gym. Reason for this is that the bumper plates can be used to deadlift anywhere but the iron plates are for the platform only.

She started to set up on the platform like she used to and was confused by everything. She looked at the iron plates, realised the 10kgs were too small so went looking. Instead of getting the bumper plates, she got the tri-handle vinyl plates and started essentially doing 1.5" deficit deadlifts with them. She's only in the gym a few weeks so I kinda figured she wasn't trying to do deficits, so I told her she's better off getting the bumpers.

I then flexed in the mirror, stamped on her hoodie and walked away with my ILS strut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Context is needed. Our gym's got in new stuff and everything is rearranged. Beforehand, the bumper plates were right beside two deadlift platforms. Now, there's only one deadlift platform with the calibrated iron plates beside it while the bumper plates are kept at the opposite side of the gym. Reason for this is that the bumper plates can be used to deadlift anywhere but the iron plates are for the platform only.

She started to set up on the platform like she used to and was confused by everything. She looked at the iron plates, realised the 10kgs were too small so went looking. Instead of getting the bumper plates, she got the tri-handle vinyl plates and started essentially doing 1.5" deficit deadlifts with them. She's only in the gym a few weeks so I kinda figured she wasn't trying to do deficits, so I told her she's better off getting the bumpers.

I then flexed in the mirror, stamped on her hoodie and walked away with my ILS strut.

Have seen pictures of the new set up actually, looks really cool. Couch being the best addition obviously, every gym should have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I really don't think that was appropriate DSVG.

A girl deadlifting? :rolleyes: You should have put a stop to that kind of thing straight away and showed her where the cross trainer and ab mats were. She's just going to injure herself with those heavy weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Couch being the best addition obviously, every gym should have one.

Ugh I could imagine them turning into disgusting messes fairly quick tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Ugh I could imagine them turning into disgusting messes fairly quick tbh.

In a training/sweaty area. Yeah it's a horrible idea.
    In a reception/lounge area it can work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Yeah, ours is in the reception area, not the training area itself. Still spotless months later.

I can't imagine hanging around the gym in any fit state to be sitting on a couch.

I can't imagine hanging around the gym in any fit state to be sitting on a couch.

PT's meeting with clients, people waiting around before their class of choice, grabbing a coffee (if gym has cafe), or in my case waiting for the missus to get out of the change room.

It's a fairly standard inclusion in a big gym these days.

Mellor wrote: »
    PT's meeting with clients, people waiting around before their class of choice, grabbing a coffee (if gym has cafe), or in my case waiting for the missus to get out of the change room.

It's a fairly standard inclusion in a big gym these days.

I didn't say it wasn't. Just that I wouldn't be using one of it was.

That said, I've never seen anyone hanging around outside the gym floor. PTs meet with clients in an area separate to the gym, the class area is separate to the gym, there is no coffee and there are 2 chairs in the hall. But that's where I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Prob already mentioned

Lidl in Sligo has boxes of fulfil bars for 13 euro
    12 bars for 13euro

Not sure if it's nationwide

That's a fairly good deal. They're usually, what €2.50 each on the shelf?

Anybody planning any goodies for Black Friday? I'm half thinking of new lifting shoes. My powerlift 2s are still fully functional but looking a bit mouldy and a new pair would bring me back to looking like I can lift more than I actually can.

I got pp3 on the adidas sale a few weeks back and the bulkpowders usual sale got me powder so i think I'm ok already

• Advertisement

Powerlifts will be reduced from an RRP of €4,999.99 to €69.99....a saving of 98%!!!! as is customary on the Friday of colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

JJayoo wrote: »
    Prob already mentioned

Lidl in Sligo has boxes of fulfil bars for 13 euro
    12 bars for 13euro

Not sure if it's nationwide

in Virgina co Cavan too- they are 45g bars btw but still good value, April 19 expiry too not like the last batch in Dealz

Powerlifts will be reduced from an RRP of €4,999.99 to €69.99....a saving of 98%!!!! as is customary on the Friday of colour.
    Speaking if which.
    Do any of the lady lifters here have Powerlifts it PowerPerfects? Wonder how the heel compares between then in lady sizes

I only have pp2 & pp3 no pl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭caviardreams

bluewolf wrote: »
    I only have pp2 & pp3 no pl

I only have powerlifts - looks like me and bluey need to get together and measure heels :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

45% off everything on MyProtein according to their website

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Anybody have any good fitness related podcasts worth checking out?

Have listened to Sigma w/Danny Lennon, Ben Greenfields one but interested to listen to more sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Anybody have any good fitness related podcasts worth checking out?

Have listened to Sigma w/Danny Lennon, Ben Greenfields one but interested to listen to more sources.

I like the No Lift! Powerlifting podcast by Arthur Lynch & Adam Keane.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I like the No Lift! Powerlifting podcast by Arthur Lynch & Adam Keane.

+1

Early podcasts have some sound issues because they were only getting started but they sorted their equipment out after a few of them.

• Advertisement

I like the Jugglife podcasts with Chad Wesley Smith.

Advertisement