Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

I do the like Nolift podcast too .. some great episodes in it .. only complaint is the overload of IPF content. There is some much other great powerlifting in Ireland outside the IPF.

To be fair to the boys they have grown up in a bit of a. IPF bubble and are starting to mention other feds a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Luke Richardson is absolutely ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

Luke Richardson is absolutely ridiculous

What did he manage today. He is unreal!!

403kg, and it looked like an easy opener. His 360kg and 385kg squats looked like air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

And yet it looks like there’s a good chance he’ll only get silver for total!

• Advertisement

Ho-lee fuuuu*****! That was a battle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Deano7788 wrote: »
    And yet it looks like there’s a good chance he’ll only get silver for total!

Never mind. What a finish!

Here is the recorded stream for the -120 and 120+ juniors, in case people don't know what we're talking about. The battle between Luke Richardson and Pavlo is well worth a watch.
    After squats, Luke was at 403kg while Pavlo was at 380kg. Luke benched 222.5kg while Pavlo benched 245.5kg, meaning they were equal on totals going into deadlifts. Luke's 1st and 2nd attempts went 347.5kg and 370kg while Pavlo went 370kg and 385kg. Luke went 385kg for his 3rd, which would have equalled Pavlo's total but given him the win based on bodyweight. It was an RPE 10 if ever I've seen one. Then Pavlo changed his 3rd to 386kg but his grip went before he could lock it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Took me a few minutes to work it out.

Here is the recorded stream for the -120 and 120+ juniors, in case people don't know what we're talking about. The battle between Luke Richardson and Pavlo is well worth a watch.

Thats the hardest Ive ever seen Richardson have to work for any lift but not sure I'd say it was a RPE 10. Probably just me being so used to him make everything look easy....
    Serious lifting from both of them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

If he wasn't going to move to Strongman this guy could really tear up some Open records

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

testtech05 wrote: »
    Thats the hardest Ive ever seen Richardson have to work for any lift but not sure I'd say it was a RPE 10.
    That was unquestionably a 10 imo. He might have a heavier lift in him, but he didn't have another rep.

Mellor wrote: »
    That was unquestionably a 10 imo. He might have a heavier lift in him, but he didn't have another rep.

Sorry ya fair enough watching it back. Was more talking about he probably had a few more kg in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Well that was fun/scary. Seen a guys attempted PR squat turn into an attempted zercher squat PR attempt for his unsuspecting spotter after the bar got dumped!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

testtech05 wrote: »
    Sorry ya fair enough watching it back. Was more talking about he probably had a few more kg in him.

He may have a few kilos in his pocket. It was a strategic lift to force the other guy lift again. Baldy enough to let him away with +1kg though.

I just meant that an RPE 10 is 95%+ rather than 100%.
    Kinda drifted away from RPE training myself. Dunno why. It was hugely beneficial for me.

Bronagh McPeake breaking the European squat record at -63kg with a squat if 178kg yesterday.

Barry Piggot adds another 4kg to his bench world record with 230.5kg also at Europeans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Will legit never give out again about previously boring exercises like lateral raises or leg curls.

High volume slow eccentric wrist curls are coma-inducing. Damn elbow rehab :mad:

Bronagh McPeake breaking the European squat record at -72kg with a squat if 178kg yesterday.

Barry Piggot adds another 4kg to his bench world record with 230.5kg also at Europeans

That’s a 500+ Wilks for mcpeake ..

whippet wrote: »
    That’s a 500+ Wilks for mcpeake ..

For both.

I knew she'd hit 500 before but was the Abs Pro so wraps would have been involved in the 185 squat there

Great numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Think I've suffered my first proper gym injury since starting a proper exercise regime. I think it happened during dumbell shoulder presses last Wednesday.

My upper right arm is very sore, though having a hard time identifying whether it's a bicep or tricep injury. It feels a bit lower down than the shoulder.

Lat raises this morning were very difficult (especially when my arms reached the 90 degree mark out from my body. Knee raises were exceptionally sore using this frame: https://www.theactivetimes.com/file/11-shutterstock418402327jpg

The pressure on my arms keeping myself upright was very sore. Just general soreness, though I had no pain doing barbell overhead presses or chest pulls this morning.

When it does hurt, it's a darting pain that I can feel in almost a straight line down my upper arm.

Any ideas what I've done to myself? Probably just a sprain, right? Hard to describe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Stop exercising if it's causing you pain, and go to the physio. At least you will then know exactly what it is and what is needed to resolve it.

I had a bit of a darting pain down the outside of my upper arm recently. It turned out to be a pinched tendon in my rotator cuff

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Oh I fully intend to, I was just wondering if anyone had similar (sounds like you have!)

If anyone is at a loose end and hasn't got anything planned for December 15th, there's a powerlifting competition on over in Iceland that still has spots open. Only problem is that you'd be up against a guy making his debut who has just squatted 445kg

If anyone is at a loose end and hasn't got anything planned for December 15th, there's a powerlifting competition on over in Iceland that still has spots open. Only problem is that you'd be up against a guy making his debut who has just squatted 445kg

I haven't seen it but I can only assume it's Hafthor. Monster.

I'll be surprised if he gets any red lights on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anyone know where I could get a freestanding calisthenics rig anywhere in Ireland :pac: :pac: :rolleyes:

40% off on bulkpowders.ie at the moment. I can verify that the chocolate malted honeycomb flavour is sex in an airtight pouch.

40% off on bulkpowders.ie at the moment. I can verify that the chocolate malted honeycomb flavour is sex in an airtight pouch.

With a lady called Sue Veed.

so ... RTE last night - are we all on the gear then ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

whippet wrote: »
    so ... RTE last night - are we all on the gear then ?
    I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on it anywhere! Twitter didn't even name the 'influencer'

• Advertisement

Keano wrote: »
    I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on it anywhere! Twitter didn't even name the 'influencer'

I saw something on facebook where an influencer has come out to deny it was him.

To be fair the ease of which drugs can be sourced needs to be highlighted - also the fact that the vast majority are being made up in bathtubs.

Bizarrely I was only ever offered the stuff once and that was a couple of weeks ago when someone I know asked if i'd be interested in changing supplier as he could do me a decent deal -- it came as a shock to him that was I actually natty !!

Advertisement