Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Thanks. Some different exercises there I had to google!

Did you only do two days? What rest periods? Where you doing anything else at the same time?

Na it was either 3 or 4 days cycling day 1, day 2, day 1 etc... Honestly can't remember right now. Rest periods were 90s. Na wasn't doing anything else at the time it takes long enough to get through it tbh. Fairly boring workout but it done what I wanted so I was happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭caviardreams

As if training in Flyefit didn't already make me feel a million years old... now they have plasma screen with adverts for bands I have never heard of. :o

Tash Sultana?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,626 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

As if training in Flyefit didn't already make me feel a million years old... now they have plasma screen with adverts for bands I have never heard of. :o

Tash Sultana?? :o

Good raisin to train there.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Not too familiar with too many currant bands myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Modern music isn't all that bad. Keep too close a mind and you're just being inraisinable

• Advertisement

Do they ever play Sultanas Of Ping?

Do they ever play Sultanas Of Ping?

I think they were dropped when the playlist was pruned recently, and to be honest I couldn't give a fig, they are pretty dated now imo.

The Cranberries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Fruit

Hey guys

I would really appreciate it if somebody might have a second to take a look at this squat and let me know if it breaks parallel (or if not, please lie :D). Am sick of looking at it through my "finally managed to squat 100kg OMG 3 digit squat" PB-tinted glasses.

Sorry the angle isn't great I know, and apologies for the crappy background song :pac:

Edit: video taken down due to internet-shyness - thanks for the feedback all :-)

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hey guys

I would really appreciate it if somebody might have a second to take a look at this squat and let me know if it breaks parallel (or if not, please lie :D). Am sick of looking at it through my "finally managed to squat 100kg OMG 3 digit squat" PB-tinted glasses.

Sorry the angle isn't great I know, and apologies for the crappy background song :pac:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nD9SAu2spYZ7gRkAX5xU53iRxbs6hmph/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Can't seem to upload to hosting but attached is the bottom of your squat.

Don't think depth is a question. Well done :)

Thanks a mill for going to that trouble Alf! :)

Might have to frame that shot :D:D:pac::pac:

PS did you use an app . player for that that can do slo-mo? Must download one, as it would make things easier. to see

Thanks a mill for going to that trouble Alf! :)

Might have to frame that shot :D:D:pac::pac:

PS did you use an app . player for that that can do slo-mo? Must download one, as it would make things easier. to see

Coach's Eye app is great for it cos you can import your videos to it and move the speed of the video with your finger and check depth:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.techsmith.apps.coachseye.free

Might be worth being more side on next time :)

But congrats on a big milestone!!

That's exactly what I need - thanks Alf. Just downloading it now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Can't seem to upload to hosting but attached is the bottom of your squat.

Don't think depth is a question. Well done :)

Yeah, that's bang on.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

That's exactly what I need - thanks Alf. Just downloading it now.

The free version, you can draw boxes but you can use that for straight lines if you have a side on view.

But just to watch movements in slow-mo, it's great

That's well below!
    Wooooo triple digits! Congrats!! 🎊🎉

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Well done, great number to get.

Anyone that loves a bit of science, wrap your ears around the Anti-Doping Science podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Anybody use a yoga wheel for stretching? Seen some online and they seem like a handy one to have for the back and shoulders

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    Anybody use a yoga wheel for stretching? Seen some online and they seem like a handy one to have for the back and shoulders

I have a roller. That does me for any back stretching. The shoulder stretches I've seen it used for are stretches I do against a wall or in the couch.

How on earth have I gone so long without taking in caffeine before my morning workouts! Took some for the first time this morning. Such a noticeable difference re: stamina and effort level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I have a roller. That does me for any back stretching. The shoulder stretches I've seen it used for are stretches I do against a wall or in the couch.
    My roller is solely for making my quads cry, picked one up anyway, went mental on Amazon with a pre-paid credit card I got so looking forward to stretching more in 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Rollers and other fitness bits in Aldi today special buys for anyone looking to buy. Don’t use them myself so can’t say if these ones are any use

Link

Sorry links never post right on my phone but you get the idea

Speaking of Aldi offers, slow cookers in Aldi on Sunday for €35.

Up to 5.5L

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ooh, ab trainer!

Also some sweet deals on Adidas.ie for lifting shoes

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    How on earth have I gone so long without taking in caffeine before my morning workouts! Took some for the first time this morning. Such a noticeable difference re: stamina and effort level.

Tell me more! I've never drank coffee or tea, and rarely ever had a high caffeine content drink. Are you taking caffeine tablets? Any side effects?

SuprSi wrote: »
    Tell me more! I've never drank coffee or tea, and rarely ever had a high caffeine content drink. Are you taking caffeine tablets? Any side effects?

I'm probably the last person who'll be able to explain scientifically what impact it has so I cant say for sure. I'm awake at 5 and in the gym at 6 each morning, and taking a couple of caffeine pills each morning just wakes me up and makes me feel like I've been awake for a few hours already. I'm not sure if it necessarily makes me perform better, but I feel much more focused and feel like I can do more sets/reps (if not necessarily heavier ones).

I just can't drink hot fluids, I think they're gross, and I don't particularly like the taste of coffee anyway so pills it is for me.

• Advertisement

I found caffeine tablets to be useless.

About 3 years ago, I trained a lot at 6am because it was the only time I could fit training in at the time. But my programs were percentage-based so I just had to go in and do them. Never took preworkout cos if I was hitting my numbers I didn't see the point

Advertisement