Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jimbo Slice memorial thread, feat Nate Dogg - The new Off Topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Speaking of Aldi offers, slow cookers in Aldi on Sunday for €35.

Up to 5.5L
    Have a voucher to use and thinking of upgrading the slow cooker to a multi cooker myself anybody use em here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

D'Agger wrote: »
    Have a voucher to use and thinking of upgrading the slow cooker to a multi cooker myself anybody use em here?

Mate of mine thinks the Instant Pot is the Second Coming.

Mate of mine thinks the Instant Pot is the Second Coming.
    I've been given abuse for harping on about the slow cooker since I got it, which only forged my love and desire to preach of it to the same people....repeatedly....because fúck those guys with their no slow cookers. Fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

One of these is worth the investment ... it’s like foam rolling taken to the next level

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/steel-massage-pole-19kg.html

Jaysus that looks like a serious implement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

whippet wrote: »
    One of these is worth the investment ... it’s like foam rolling taken to the next level

Saw something similar a while back - which this is likely a version of - but it seemed to be a two-man job for anything upper body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Jaysus 19kg :eek: If a PT went near me with one of those I am not sure I would be too keen.

Besides, a lot easier to just drop a 20kg Kettlebell on yourself (yes, this has accidentally happened before :o)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

whippet wrote: »

Seriously now. Why does that exist?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Found where I'd seen it before...Donnie Thompson probably had the original one of these, weighing in at 60kg and called the 'X Wife'. No thanks.

Chris Duffin has a smaller version called the Pain Pill and it's similar to the strengthshop one at 44lbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Chris Duffin makes weird stuff. Saw an ad for his 'shoulderok' which looked like a more expensive sledgehammer, except it didn't double as a sledgehammer

Chris Duffin makes weird stuff. Saw an ad for his 'shoulderok' which looked like a more expensive sledgehammer, except it didn't double as a sledgehammer

Also comes in a 'Tactical' form.

Not just travel size....tactical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭whippet

Found where I'd seen it before...Donnie Thompson probably had the original one of these, weighing in at 60kg and called the 'X Wife'. No thanks.

Chris Duffin has a smaller version called the Pain Pill and it's similar to the strengthshop one at 44lbs.

I’ve had the pleasure (pain) of a 80kg XWife .. serious ...

I've seen a lot of the Thera Gun as well.

Which sounds more legit than something made by Timtam...who make sweets

I've seen a lot of the Thera Gun as well.

Which sounds more legit than something made by Timtam...who make sweets
    Firas Zahabi who's a famous MMA/JuJitsu trainer (George St.Pierre) was on Rogan talking about it so that's probably given it some traction

I'd be all for trying it but the price of the thing.

Ran for the first time today since October, good god, the sweat!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Firas Zahabi who's a famous MMA/JuJitsu trainer (George St.Pierre) was on Rogan talking about it so that's probably given it some traction

A physio I had in the states used to use something like that on my IT bands after my first knee op. It was effective. But I can’t imagine using it on myself.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

How is that thing any more effective than just using a stick or brush handle? The fact it weighs heavier is hardly any more convenient than just pressing harder with a stick? Seems like a massive waste of money to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Thud

How is that thing any more effective than just using a stick or brush handle? The fact it weighs heavier is hardly any more convenient than just pressing harder with a stick? Seems like a massive waste of money to me.

https://www.woodies.ie/rolling-pin-1104438

€60 saved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Thud wrote: »
    I actually did buy one in Tesco before for this very reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's a few similar products. Costing a ridiculous $300-600.

You can buy the heads on amazon that fit to a standard jig saw. Same job for around $100.

Or I seen one guy suggested making your own from golf ball or a rubber ball and epoxy.

So I got a yoga wheel and I have to say I really like it, looking up instagram and a few other sources for additional stretches to do but the one's I've used so far are very good for upper back. Hoping to use it daily now that I'm studying and working meaning I'm sitting at a desk for close on 12 hours a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

So if anyone who uses MFP gets annoyed with the whole opening into the useless news feed I've figured out a solution to open the app to the diary section. It only works for Android and while other launchers might have this feature I've only used it with Nova Launcher. If you have Nova Launcher installed tap and hold the MFP app till the options come up/ Select edit and go to swipe action. Go to shortcuts and the first option is Nova Activites. From there go to the MFP and just select diary. Then when you swipe up on the app it will go directly to your diary instead of the news feed. If you don't already use Nova Launcher it's probably a bit much to fix a firstworldproblem but if you do it just makes things that little bit more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

Bit of a random question - I have been incorporating RDLs into my workout on and off over the last couple of months. The problem is whenever I do them, my hamstrings are sore for the best part of a week, far beyond usual DOMS. I am not using much weight (I’ve progressed it up to about 50kg when deadlifting 120kg). I feel comfortable when doing the exercise itself. On the day, think I could lift more but not keen to progress it when the next 5 or so days are so uncomfortable. I do the limber 11 most days and have a good stretch before and after doing any leg work. I presume this means I have weak hamstrings? I would be grateful for any ideas as to what might help?

Bit of a random question - I have been incorporating RDLs into my workout on and off over the last couple of months. The problem is whenever I do them, my hamstrings are sore for the best part of a week, far beyond usual DOMS. I am not using much weight (I’ve progressed it up to about 50kg when deadlifting 120kg). I feel comfortable when doing the exercise itself. On the day, think I could lift more but not keen to progress it when the next 5 or so days are so uncomfortable. I do the limber 11 most days and have a good stretch before and after doing any leg work. I presume this means I have weak hamstrings? I would be grateful for any ideas as to what might help?

When you say you do them on and off, so you do them once a week for a week or two and then drop them for a while before going back?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

When you say you do them on and off, so you do them once a week for a week or two and then drop them for a while before going back?

Did 6 weeks of them as a “B” exercise with Hanley’s “simple” program, then 6 weeks doing another exercise in its place and now 3 weeks into doing them again. The pain only occurs when RDLs are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Didn't want to start a new thread for this topic so hoping someone can clue me in.

If a person was to start working in a gym what do they need in terms of qualifications and insurance?

I am asking for a friend of mine, why he always asks me these questions I will never know. He has a personal trainer/gym instructor qualification from ITEC but he is worried that it might be outdated or that he has to renew it, he did the course approx 7 years ago.

I'm sure this query has been done to death but it would be great if someone in the know could fill me in.

Thank you for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Is it normal for your wrists to hurt when doing CG bench press?

TRS30 wrote: »
    Is it normal for your wrists to hurt when doing CG bench press?

Could either be too narrow a grip or wrists bending back becaise not gripping hard enougj or holding bar too high in your hand.

I'll guess and say it's your grip is too narrow. Widen it to about shoulder width, assuming that's at least a hand width inside normal bench grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sounds like my grip is too narrow alright, will try widening it.

should you be able to lift same weigh as normal BP?

Advertisement