Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inhome CCTV for kids

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

My advice would be that without consent, you won't be able to use it if they have friends in, you could end up in very deep stuff ...
    I am not certain of the legal position but you can join the dots.. I certainly wouldn't do it when their friends were in.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

My advice would be that without consent, you won't be able to use it if they have friends in, you could end up in very deep stuff ...
    I am not certain of the legal position but you can join the dots.. I certainly wouldn't do it when their friends were in.

I would not be using it with their friends in playing - simply to do as I posted, to keep an eye when I'm out of the room!

I'm not looking to get into privacy issues in my own home!!

There is a huge market for this type of requirement in home automation, I'm looking for advise on which is best... That's why I'm here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

sticker wrote: »
    I would not be using it with their friends in playing - simply to do as I posted, to keep an eye when I'm out of the room!

I'm not looking to get into privacy issues in my own home!!

There is a huge market for this type of requirement in home automation, I'm looking for advise on which is best... That's why I'm here!

No need to be so aggressive.

I was only offering a friendly opinion as most of us do here.

Keep well and good luck

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

No need to be so aggressive.

I was only offering a friendly opinion as most of us do here.

Keep well and good luck

Zero aggression there mate. Lets see about keeping on track whats requested on a thread as opposed to posting privacy issues on a CCTV board.

Have a wonderful day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Might be a good ideea but i am "afraid" to click on those links as soon after i close the tabs ... i ill be flooded with "January Sales offers" from ebay & HN based cookies in my browser !

So,you are home and want to watch the kids in the attic ? Why will you do that .. they are too small or too big to be alone ?
    Did you chat with them,how do they feel about the camera,ar they ok or they will / may start behaving different knowing that the camera is there.

Im coming from a similar position when my son wanted to walk alone to school. Condition was phone and GPS tracker.He agreed and even today,long time since,he is carying in the jacket the traker.

• Advertisement

rolion wrote: »
    Might be a good ideea but i am "afraid" to click on those links as soon after i close the tabs ... i ill be flooded with "January Sales offers" from ebay & HN based cookies in my browser !

So,you are home and want to watch the kids in the attic ? Why will you do that .. they are too small or too big to be alone ?
    Did you chat with them,how do they feel about the camera,ar they ok or they will / may start behaving different knowing that the camera is there.

Im coming from a similar position when my son wanted to walk alone to school. Condition was phone and GPS tracker.He agreed and even today,long time since,he is carying in the jacket the traker.

Thanks for the reply!

Good some good advise on what hardware to use from elsewhere so all sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Jesus, the bleeding heart brigade are out in force on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

I would ignore this advise as it's a bit misleading and suggests that you are up to no good in your own home you are entitled to record in your own home with fear of prosecution . I am certain of the legal position and if people are not well keep your unless advice to your self

stuartkee wrote: »
    I would ignore this advise as it's a bit misleading and suggests that you are up to no good in your own home you are entitled to record in your own home with fear of prosecution . I am certain of the legal position and if people are not well keep your unless advice to your self

Thanks. I dismissed it as utter nonsense at first glance and moved on...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

Wireless baby monitor ! With audio and.small screen might do the trick for you ! I use one to ensure my elderly iparent s OK sleeping downstairs at night , just a thought !

• Advertisement

Wireless baby monitor ! With audio and.small screen might do the trick for you ! I use one to ensure my elderly iparent s OK sleeping downstairs at night , just a thought !

Thanks!

Advertisement