Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Dark Mode / Drving mode app

Options
  • 19-01-2017 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen a darkmode app? I can see a car mode app on the app store but was wondering if anyone know of anything else? There was a rumor of it in IOS 10 but looks like it never got there.

The screen gives off too much white light on dark roads at night and I don't like it and would go so far as to say its unusable. As the 7+ is so big its really annoying and also makes the navigation at night far from ideal. They alarm screen shown below is ideal and most sat navs will invert colours from light to dark during night hours for this exact reason.

Night shift mode just doesn't cut it.

Alarm screen image which is ideal at night
    http://images.techhive.com/images/article/2016/06/dark-mode-3-100667548-medium.idge.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Have you tried going into settings>general>accessibility>display accommodations>invert colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you got auto brightness turned on and also how warm have you got night shift set and for what hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

I've turned night shift on and off and if I turn down the brightness then it's too low.

The invert colours works much better with google maps. More like a sat nav at night. That'll do for the moment but imagine its something that should be developed. I can switch this on with a triple click of the home button which is also handy.

It's not an issue city driving as there is a lot of ambient light around but where it's pitch black I just find it a hazard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

Yeah I used to have an app that reduced screen brightness well below normal lowest setting but it was only for jailbroken devices. Haven't found anything that does similar without jail breaking.

Advertisement