Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Compromised - No Feedback

• 19-01-2017 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I contacted Bank of Ireland's Fraud Team on the 05th of January, after I received an email noting that my current account had been compromised. There were a number of unauthorised transactions on my account, and on the advice of the assistant on the phone, I destroyed my bank card and was advised I would receive a phone call within two working days when the investigation began and I would then receive any of the money back that I was due.

I called again on the 10th of January after I heard nothing, and was advised that the Fraud Team were only back from annual leave, and as such my case would be dealt with in due course.

It’s now the 19th of January and I still have not heard from anyone at the bank or the Fraud Team, and I’m really concerned as my employer will be paying me on the 25th of this month and I want to ensure that my account is in order. I also don’t know how much I am due back (I received a small amount, but I don’t know exactly what’s happening here), and whether the charges that were applied to my account still stand (as my account was overdrawn). I also have no access to online banking, as it seems to be have blocked off.

I would really appreciate an update if possible, and though I realise it is no doubt a busy time of year in that section, I think I have been more than patient on the matter.

I can provide the Case ID etc., should you require same.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Corvo wrote: »
    Hi,

I contacted Bank of Ireland's Fraud Team on the 05th of January, after I received an email noting that my current account had been compromised. There were a number of unauthorised transactions on my account, and on the advice of the assistant on the phone, I destroyed my bank card and was advised I would receive a phone call within two working days when the investigation began and I would then receive any of the money back that I was due.

I called again on the 10th of January after I heard nothing, and was advised that the Fraud Team were only back from annual leave, and as such my case would be dealt with in due course.

It’s now the 19th of January and I still have not heard from anyone at the bank or the Fraud Team, and I’m really concerned as my employer will be paying me on the 25th of this month and I want to ensure that my account is in order. I also don’t know how much I am due back (I received a small amount, but I don’t know exactly what’s happening here), and whether the charges that were applied to my account still stand (as my account was overdrawn). I also have no access to online banking, as it seems to be have blocked off.

I would really appreciate an update if possible, and though I realise it is no doubt a busy time of year in that section, I think I have been more than patient on the matter.

Many thanks.
    Hi Corvo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you've had fraud on your account. Our fraud department works 24/7 throughout the year and doesn't close for holidays, sorry if you were incorrectly advised this. Please be assured that as soon as your case review has been completed, an adviser will be in touch with you to provide an update. If you would like to speak to them before this, you can call 01 4885466.

Thanks
    Tara O

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭joeirish

Corvo wrote: »
    Hi,

Many thanks.
    Hi Corvo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you've had fraud on your account. Our fraud department works 24/7 throughout the year and doesn't close for holidays, sorry if you were incorrectly advised this. Please be assured that as soon as your case review has been completed, an adviser will be in touch with you to provide an update. If you would like to speak to them before this, you can call 01 4885466.

Thanks
    Tara O
    That number is for credit card security. There is no option for current account security. So how am I supposed to notify you or speak to somebody when my account has been compromised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi joeirish,

The number is for our card security team. They can help with credit and debit card security queries. We've responded to your queries on your thread here

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement