Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA Advice For Streamer

Options
  • 19-01-2017 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ok so, I am currently in the process of finding work, and as a hobby in my downtime i stream video game content to a streaming service.

Recently they have accepted me as a partner where i can start having people subscribe to me for a monthly fee and i get a cut out of it each month, now i have to fill in a tax form and send it off before any of it becomes official, but when it does i could be earning like 60 euro a month from my hobby, i don't believe ill be employed via the service as i don't sign an employment contract/ are not being paid a weekly/monthly wage per say.

The clincher is that there is a job in it for me hopefully starting next month there are a group looking to pick me up to work for them whilst being a partner at the service.

MY QUESTION IS: During the next month or so where i will be getting this 60 a month (i plan on declaring it) is there a way to keep the JSA or at least part of it? Ala report the months earnings or something? This is a big opportunity to secure full time work and i can't afford to go without JSA for the few weeks in between becoming a partner and getting the job? Any advice?

(as im not technically employed by the streaming service i dont think x & o works?)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Call into your local social welfare office and talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GameSpekr

I ended up doing that, got back a form called information relating to self employment, thing is i won't be running a business so they just said go get as much information about the company as i can, so have that sorted

Advertisement