Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retrieving a statement of no claims bonus from Quinn Direct

Options
  • 19-01-2017 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Has anyone out there had a Car insurance policy in the past with Quinn Direct? I have been abroad for the past few years and have just returned home. I live in the sticks so I need a car to get around, so I'm looking into getting quotes now. I have brought with me a statement of no claims from my former insurance company overseas which covers the last 5 years. I had a policy with Quinn Direct for the 5 years prior to that before moving abroad, I had no claims within this time. I have just learned that Quinn Direct went bankrupt and no longer operate in Ireland. I was hoping to get a statement of no claims from my time insured with them to put along with my application for a new quote to get a better deal. My question is, has anyone else been able to retrieve their no claims/insurance history from a company which no longer operates? Or have they transferred their business/clients to another company? I'm sure I'm not the first.
    Any help/info on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Once cover has lapsed for 2 years in this country the NCB is gone, no point looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bphilis

Wow, that's a very short period of time but thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

Might be worth checking that in more detail if you had continuous insurance abroad since leaving Ireland before writing it off as no use - someone else may be better able to advise / probably depends on the company the day you call them if they accept it as continuous

Liberty Insurance took over their insurance book and offices so maybe they have your records filled away?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bphilis

Thanks pawrick, thats very helpful info. I'll get onto liberty so.

Advertisement