Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne 4 mile race Sunday 26th March

Options
  • 19-01-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Great news folks! this super race is back again this year and the early bird registration is open for another couple of days. This year you can sign up for all three of our races with a race package which is fantastic value. This will get you into:

4 mile race on 26th March,
    Clonee 10K on 29th June
    and Carton Trail Race 27th July.

Registration for one or all can be found here https://athleticsireland.primo-events.com/ps/event/DunboyneAC3RacePackage

Get registering!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Great news folks! this super race is back again this year and the early bird registration is open for another couple of days. This year you can sign up for all three of our races with a race package which is fantastic value. This will get you into:

4 mile race on 26th March,
    Clonee 10K on 29th June
    and Carton Trail Race 27th July.

Registration for one or all can be found here https://athleticsireland.primo-events.com/ps/event/DunboyneAC3RacePackage

Get registering!

And there is a two week gap this time between dunboyne and the k-club.
    Love the 4 miler, it is a very good race with great organisation.
    I be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

Some exciting developments on the Dunboyne 4 Mile :cool: :

- This year we have a beautiful new commemorative medal hanger to display all your race medals, engraved with #dunboyne4mile - will post a photo here very soon!
    - Every entrant will receive a #dunboyne4mile running diary
    - A new Corporate Team Challenge - simply enter your four person team and see if you can bring the glory trophy back to the office!
    - A Strava Challenge - The Last Fast Flying Mile - the fastest male and female on the last mile as recorded by Strava will win a special prize.
    - As Annie mentioned we have a 3 Race package - entrants receive a discount if they enter for our 3 races - 4 mile, Clonee 10K and Carton Trail.

Enter HERE before 28th February to guarantee your Medal Hanger. Here's to a great #dunboyne4mile for 2017!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Love is in the air!!! Be in with chance to win back your race fee for #dunboyne4mile, all you have to do is register before Valentines day :) Details HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

I'm not normally one to be attracted to a race for bling but the medal hanger is definitely something unique and just so happens to be something I was thinking of buying.
    408844.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Just entered
    Sure how could I resist a medal hanger ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Signed up... willing to donate the medal hanger though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

annapr wrote: »
    Signed up... willing to donate the medal hanger though :)

I'll take it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Murph_D wrote: »
    I'll take it. ;)

I guess you got more medals:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Mulberry wrote: »
    Some exciting developments on the Dunboyne 4 Mile :cool: :

- This year we have a beautiful new commemorative medal hanger to display all your race medals, engraved with #dunboyne4mile - will post a photo here very soon!
    - Every entrant will receive a #dunboyne4mile running diary
    - A new Corporate Team Challenge - simply enter your four person team and see if you can bring the glory trophy back to the office!
    - A Strava Challenge - The Last Fast Flying Mile - the fastest male and female on the last mile as recorded by Strava will win a special prize.
    - As Annie mentioned we have a 3 Race package - entrants receive a discount if they enter for our 3 races - 4 mile, Clonee 10K and Carton Trail.

Enter HERE before 28th February to guarantee your Medal Hanger. Here's to a great #dunboyne4mile for 2017!

Any pictures of that hanger yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Ferris B wrote: »
    I guess you got more medals:P

Pfft. Also he likes to display them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

event wrote: »
    Any pictures of that hanger yet?

Pic attached!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

JMSE wrote: »
    Pic attached!
    Or just scroll up to comment 5 :)

More news from the Dunboyne 4 Mile: this year we have a new Strava Flying Mile competition! It excludes other prizewinners and gives everyone a chance to really fly for their last mile of the race.

What does everyone think? Bit of craic? A race within a race?

More info below from our club website:

New this year to the #dunboyne4mile is our Strava Flying Mile! Like the name suggests, it’s a mile in the race where you can put the foot down and see what time you can do! And what better mile to do this than the last mile of the race. Once you hit the last mile Marker it’s time to pull out all the stops and see how fast you can make it to the finish line.

How it works:
    Entrants have to use Strava to take part in this. We will set out a segment on Strava for the last mile of the Dunboyne 4 Mile. If you use Strava already, you will automatically be given a time on Strava for this segment after you traverse it. You will need to upload your race from your watch onto Garmin/Strava before 9pm on the 26th March (race day). Strava will automatically collate the segment time for anyone who traversed Mile 4 that day and calculate the fastest time. We will contact the winner with your prize the following day, and it will be announced on Facebook, Twitter and our website.

There will be prizes for both Male and Female, but prizewinners from other categories will be excluded.

Not on Strava? Easy – just download the app, set up a free account and start using it. Simply set up your Garmin so your watch uploads go automatically onto Strava. Every time you upload your watch runs they’ll appear on Strava. It’s a fun social media tool for runners: connect with your club and other running friends and you can see their runs as well as yours.

I saw that, but I think it's quite likely that the people with the fastest overall times will also have the fastest mile. :)

I could walk the first three miles and run the last, and still not be in the running :pac:

RayCun wrote: »
    I saw that, but I think it's quite likely that the people with the fastest overall times will also have the fastest mile. :)

I could walk the first three miles and run the last, and still not be in the running :pac:

Thanks RayCun. Well we're hoping that someone unexpected will come out of the woodwork and put down a really fast mile, someone who wouldn't otherwise have won a prize. The other cool thing about it is that it's an opportunity for a lot of people to record a very fast mile time. If they want they could even treat miles 1-3 as a warmup! The Irish Runner Paced Miles are getting really popular, but there's probably a lot of people out there who've never really given it welly for a mile and don't know what they can do.

We shall see!

Also (I think) it will spur people on to keep pushing in the last mile of the race where often they might be tiring so it might help a lot to reach their PB's! And, whether you win the prize or not you can aim to beat your rival because it's a segment on strava. Not that there'd be any rivalry going on in here (fletch/AMK I'm looking at ye!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Imagine the carnage if the flying mile was the first mile

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Imagine the carnage if the flying mile was the first mile

Donore had a midsummer 5k a few years back with a prize for the winner of the first mile (or something ) , but you also had to finish in the top ten

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Donore had a midsummer 5k a few years back with a prize for the winner of the first mile (or something ) , but you also had to finish in the top ten

I like that!

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

For those still on the fence, have a look at this

• Advertisement

Heads up folks, the medal hangers are running out - get signed up in the next day or two if ya want one for yer bling! www.dunboyneac.com

Mulberry wrote: »
    Heads up folks, the medal hangers are running out - get signed up in the next day or two if ya want one for yer bling! www.dunboyneac.com

Once they run out I will.sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Once they run out I will.sign up.

You could always use it as a tie rack instead. #mcgyver

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I would love the medal rack! Not able to run the race but I really like little gimmicks! The running diary sounds great is well! If anyone doesn't want them I would be more then happy to take off your hands!

ene wrote: »
    I would love the medal rack! Not able to run the race but I really like little gimmicks! The running diary sounds great is well! If anyone doesn't want them I would be more then happy to take off your hands!

If there is any available when I sign up and it's easy for you to collect, you can have them.

I use garmin connect for running diary

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

If there is any available when I sign up and it's easy for you to collect, you can have them.

I use garmin connect for running diary

aw thanks! would love that! i prefer writing down my runs- less reliant on technology!

All signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

We're putting pacers on for a big range of goal-times gals and guys, am sharing duties for the sub 30 crew - there's strength in numbers remember.....

Where is number collection, and can I drop a bag there?

• Advertisement

Where is number collection, and can I drop a bag there?

Its usually in the community hall. I usually drop the bag back into my car as the car park is beside it.

Advertisement