Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne 4 mile race Sunday 26th March

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Its usually in the community hall. I usually drop the bag back into my car as the car park is beside it.

But where is the community hall? All I know so far is "outside the M50" :D

(and if I leave my bag in my car, I have to run with my car key)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

RayCun wrote: »

Middle of the village, can't miss it, loads of signs going up. No problem leaving your bag there if you so wish but there are car parks all around it - primary and secondary school either side. The community centre is 1km from the start and 400m from the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

There might be no markings on the road after you leave Dublin!!

There might be no markings on the road after you leave Dublin!!

Ah good, so you're saying there are roads then?

Ah good, so you're saying there are roads then?

Well a stretch of tarmac with holes. Like swiss cheese!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

I don't think it's been mentioned here yet but if you're bringing your kids then read further.......

An hour before your main race starts there's 3 kids races: 600m u9, 800m u12 and 1 mile u15. Medals for all. Just €2 entry at the start line.

The Dunboyne 4 mile race has always had these kids races on, fantastic memories for the kids to have.

I signed up on the 16th March (along with a friend).

I love getting medals, shirts, etc. (I realise these are things that most experienced runners look at as a gimmick and probably bin after the race, but as I'm still getting into trying to be able to run a decent distance and build up my fitness, I love all these little accessories, as does the person I am signed up with).

She signed up before me though (11th March, I think). Would I be right in saying that neither of us will get medal hangers, and if so, are there any boardsies that would donate theirs or sell for a reasonable amount? :) (I only have 3 medals, but still think it'd be great to display them well on a hanger from an actual race I participated in). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

I signed up on the 16th March (along with a friend).

I love getting medals, shirts, etc. (I realise these are things that most experienced runners look at as a gimmick and probably bin after the race, but as I'm still getting into trying to be able to run a decent distance and build up my fitness, I love all these little accessories, as does the person I am signed up with).

She signed up before me though (11th March, I think). Would I be right in saying that neither of us will get medal hangers, and if so, are there any boardsies that would donate theirs or sell for a reasonable amount? :) (I only have 3 medals, but still think it'd be great to display them well on a hanger from an actual race I participated in). :)
    PM me with your name and I'll check to see if you'll get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

Good Luck to everyone running this tomorrow!!

• Advertisement

Mulberry wrote: »
    PM me with your name and I'll check to see if you'll get one.

Just PM'ed you, thanks a lot Mulberry.

Either way, I am looking forward to it and I believe the weather is supposed to be quite nice, too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

Just PM'ed you, thanks a lot Mulberry.

Either way, I am looking forward to it and I believe the weather is supposed to be quite nice, too. :)

Hi KKV, yes, you will both get a medal hanger! Hope you have a great race :)

Cracker of a day, can't wait

Very good race. Well organised, fast, flat course, and a great feed afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Very good race. Well organised, fast, flat course, and a great feed afterwards

Did you PB?

tang1 wrote: »
    Did you PB?

I think my last 4 mile race was 5 years ago, so I'd have to check :) but probably. ..

Also got my entry fee back, because they like to encourage us old folks to stay active and keep jogging around ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Great race today. I like how they organised the weather as well.
    Super conditions, super set up, marshalling spot on, course spot on.
    Feed afterwards was immense.

Well done Dunboyne ac.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Summer-like today,not like the bitter weather of 2013 although i would gladly take my 6.5mins faster than today 2013 time back:o Grabbed the milk and got out of there as fast as possible,another one to forget for me:(

Great race today. Pacers were great. Went with the 26min pacers, fell back with 600m to go. 26:09, 50 sec pb.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

hawkwing wrote: »
    Summer-like today,not like the bitter weather of 2013 although i would gladly take my 6.5mins faster than today 2013 time back:o Grabbed the milk and got out of there as fast as possible,another one to forget for me:(
    Thanks for taking part.though HW, now next year all we need is subzero conditions like '13 and another cracker of a crowd like today and you've no excuse, #unfinishedbusiness

• Advertisement

Internet on the phone was patchy today, so I literally just seen that message as I was about to get my hanger and number.

Loved the run today. Found the weather was the hardest part. I'm very new to it, and all my 'proper' runs so far have been in chilly weather, so the warm weather today, i think completely dried me out. I sweated until I could sweat no more.

At the end, when i was given a bottle of water, I had to pour it on my face repeatedly. I was itching like a mad man. (mind you, pouring the water on my face felt great!).

Got a time of 37:48 which I'm happy with. Borderline faster than my usual 6mins/km so I'm pleased.

Have to applaud all the people that came out to cheer on and support it. Not sure what joy spectators get from it, but it was amazing to see so many people out clapping you on and such. Arguably the best atmosphere of any race I've ever been in, or been to!

Mulberry, thanks again for clearing up the Hanger situation for me. Looking forward to sticking it on the wall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Fabulous event, great course/atmosphere/weather..also great to have the pacers... will defo be on my next year's race calender...

Advertisement