Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time Internet coffee date

Options
  • 19-01-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Where would you go?

I'm looking for somewhere with kind lighting, decent coffee and intimate without being squashed. I'd like to be able to hear without being overheard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Langtons Tea Rooms, peaceful and quiet and if that fails you could go across the road to the Worlds end.

The Hibernian is nice - tho I'm not really a coffee drinker so can't vouch for that. But it has lots of nice little private nooks without being too quiet. I would find the tea rooms a bit silent and formal. (No offence Dymo:).) Rivercourt is good too. A lot of the little coffee shops don't give you much privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Worlds End! I've lived in Kilkenny too many years to be caught by that. :D

I never thought of the Hibernian. It's nice there.

I've only ever passed through the tea rooms. I'm not sure if it has the right ambience.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Billy Byrnes

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Another vote for the Hibernian if it's the same way it was about 5 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The club house ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Pat Carrolls on Ballybought St. Best coffee in town imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Kytelers Inn not bad place. In the bar or down stairs is great too.

Too many of my daughter's set frequent Billy Byrne's.

Kytlers I hadn't thought of. Nice and dark upstairs. I'll look gorgeous. :D

Pat Carrolls - is that the pub on the corner? I've never heard anyone mention let alone for coffee. Will have a recce.

ETA: The Club House, I find very depressing and outdated. It's such a pity. It's not even genuine shabby chic, just shabby shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

ETA: The Club House, I find very depressing and outdated. It's such a pity. It's not even genuine shabby chic, just shabby shabby.

Yea, Clubhouse is a bizarre time warp. Has unbelievable potential which is untapped.
    I find it too depressing to venture anywhere near at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

"up for anything"
    Is that your online dating username:P:P

earlytobed wrote: »
    "up for anything"
    Is that your online dating username:P:P

Nah, my online dating name is much more obvious. :D

11 years I've been listening to the same cracks about my username. I've given up explaining. :pac::pac:

Advertisement