Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term rent options in Dublin for 4 months

Options
  • 19-01-2017 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there, living abroad but travelling back for 4 months to give birth in Dublin. Looking for a short term lease from April - August with minimum 2 beds in Dublin. Our budget is 2000 but i am not finding any options. I saw somewhere about taking a long term lease and then subletting it out after but firstly do not know if this is legal and also hard to secure a long term lease before i arrive without meeting with landlord, etc.
    Anyone have any options we could look at online or could give us any advice? Are there agents for this type of thing that are free/affordable?

Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

Hi there, living abroad but travelling back for 4 months to give birth in Dublin. Looking for a short term lease from April - August with minimum 2 beds in Dublin. Our budget is 2000 but i am not finding any options. I saw somewhere about taking a long term lease and then subletting it out after but firstly do not know if this is legal and also hard to secure a long term lease before i arrive without meeting with landlord, etc.
    Anyone have any options we could look at online or could give us any advice? Are there agents for this type of thing that are free/affordable?

Thank you!!
    My suggestion, go to AirBnb or other type of short lets accommodations websites and send a question to the hosts about which rate they could do to you for a four months stay (even if their calendar is not open, they might open it up just for you), do not look at their published rate since for multi-month rental paid in advance or guaranteed by credit card on Airbnb they might lower their daily rates substantially (30-40% is possible), be flexible on location in Dublin (2k x 2bedrooms will surely exclude expensive areas).
    I did this18 months ago on Airbnb when I needed accommodation for two months for my family in a big city and managed to find it. Expect to receive a lot of "no, thank you". Start ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Maybe look on AirBnB? Places will be advertised for less, but you could negotiate.

<mod snip: off topic>

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Our budget is 2000
    2000 per month, or 2000 total?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

There are short term lets on daft.ie

A lot of them are quite reasonably priced IMO. Im sure they would be negotiable on a longer stay.

The short term lets are more reasonable on daft.ie than Airbnb. Plus a lot of them are being let by professional agents rather than some dodgy person lying to a landlord about why they are renting a property from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 clarabelle85

GGTrek wrote: »

Thank you!!
    My suggestion, go to AirBnb or other type of short lets accommodations websites and send a question to the hosts about which rate they could do to you for a four months stay (even if their calendar is not open, they might open it up just for you), do not look at their published rate since for multi-month rental paid in advance or guaranteed by credit card on Airbnb they might lower their daily rates substantially (30-40% is possible), be flexible on location in Dublin (2k x 2bedrooms will surely exclude expensive areas).
    I did this18 months ago on Airbnb when I needed accommodation for two months for my family in a big city and managed to find it. Expect to receive a lot of "no, thank you". Start ASAP
    This is great advice thank you! I will give it a try. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 clarabelle85

the_syco wrote: »
    Our budget is 2000
    2000 per month, or 2000 total?
    per month..haha! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

Shouldn't have to remind you that this is accommodation and property. This is not an appropriate place to discuss maternity issues. A number of posts have been deleted.

Advertisement