Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galeforce West 24 June 2017

Options
  • 19-01-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I've used Continental Gatorskin tyres for the last fewGaelforce West events, never had a puncture so they've been a solid choice for me. Wondering what tyres others have used or would recommend over these, if any?

Which tyre for Gaelforce West? 4 votes

Continental Gatorskin
    0% 0 votes
    Continental Grand Prix 4000S II
    75% 3 votes
    Michelin Pro4 Endurance V2
    0% 0 votes
    Continental Grand Prix 4 season
    0% 0 votes
    Schwalbe Durano Plus
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    25% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hurlersx

Also, what choice of footwear do people usually go for in the race. I had a pair of Brooks Cascadia 9. They didn't help me run any faster but I had good grip in the wet conditions and was comfortable throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 flash84962

Tyres wise I use the same. Never had any issues. I'm doing the Connemara adventure race in few months and going to borrow the tyres of friends gravel bike for that.

I wore speedcross'and they a great for GF. But in general they don't last. No durability. Got a pair of inov-8s now and their much better.

Depating whether to go for it again this year, I'm off to Scotland the following weekend to do city2summit, don't think I could manage them both.

GF is a mighty event and one of my favorites.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hurlersx

I've set up a poll to see what tyres are more popular for Gaelforce West. Need to get new tyres and have been tempted to move away from the Gatorskins but I'm not convinced there's anything better than these for this type of race.

Advertisement