Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric ireland new meter

Options
  • 19-01-2017 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello just wondering when ive topped up my meter since i got it in theres money been taken out of it straight away like round 7euro last week and 4.50 today also the money isnt lasting no time in it. Like last week i put in 30Euro after ye taken 7euro off me the 23euro didnt even last me a week where as before i got it if i used 15euro a week its was alot.. it just seems to be eating the credit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi marz87,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Is your Pay As You Go (PAYG) meter for electricity or for gas?

Thanks,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 20 marz87

Its just for electricity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again marz87,

Thank you for confirming.

When a portion of a top-up is deducted immediately, it means there is a balance on the meter to be cleared - it is cleared with 25% of each top-up until it reaches 0. Emergency credit and credit used during credit-friendly hours (evenings and weekends, also five days during the Christmas holidays period: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, St Stephen's Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day) can cause such a balance. If you need to query this further though, our dedicated PAYG team can assist you on 1850 372 372 (we do not have access to the PAYG system here in Social Media). The PAYG team's telephone lines are open until 8pm Monday to Saturday.

With regard to the number of units being consumed, we have an app called My Energy Pal, which provides a good gauge of what appliances and devices are consuming - it is required to input wattage and how often the appliance/device is used; the app makes calculations then, based on this information.

If you have any other queries for us here on Boards.ie, please let us know.

Regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement