Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortage query

• 19-01-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi

Im wondering can someone advise me please, We are looking to change the rate on our mortage to lets say a fixed rate with Ulster bank we are currently on a variable rate at moment, how do I go about calculating our LTV on our mortage, We bought house for 285,000 its currently valued at 180,000, there is probably about 237,000 left on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

If my house is worth 100, and I'm borrowing 70, then my LTV is 70%.

The calculation is borrowed amount divided by house value.

If I'm reading you right, your "borrowing amount" is 237,000 and the house value is 180,000, so your LTV is 148%, i.e. negative equity.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Hi

Im wondering can someone advise me please, We are looking to change the rate on our mortage to lets say a fixed rate with Ulster bank we are currently on a variable rate at moment, how do I go about calculating our LTV on our mortage, We bought house for 285,000 its currently valued at 180,000, there is probably about 237,000 left on it?

Based on 237,000 mortgage on 180,000 property, you won't qualify for any LTV rates. You have no equity in your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bridget1996

Anyone know if I apply for a fixed rate for lets say three years and I look to get a mortage to build a house would Being in a fixed rate hinder me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from A&P as this thread is purely about the banking and financial aspects

Local charter applies

Advertisement