Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA - Self study (looking for advice, books and a nice forum)

Options
  • 19-01-2017 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi All!

Sat my final Accounting Technician exams last year and am looking to start on the ACCA ones soon(ish). I've had a look at the past papers for F5-F9 and I've pretty much covered most of it with the ATI already, so I'm looking to do those on my own and not bother with lectures.

What I'm wondering is:

1. Can anyone recommend a nice forum where one can chat with other ACCA self-studying people? I had a bit of a look around but the only one I came across was opentuition.com and there didn't seem to be that much activity on it.

2. Books! I'm hoping to buy them second hand, but the Irish variants, F6 for example, seem to be tricky to get hold of, any suggestions? And how much does the syllabus change in a year? I'm hoping to do 2 exams in the December sitting (haven't decided which two yet!) Will 2015 or 2016 books be any good to me?

3. What's the story with exams anyway? I read somewhere ACCA now does 4 sittings a year? And by when does one have to register etc?

4. Oh and what's the story with memberships etc?

5. If anyone should happen to have a reasonably recent copy of the Irish F6 manual I'd be very interested in buying it. (I'm up to my eyes in tax in work day out and day in anyway, might be able to squeeze in enough study to sit it in July)

And if anyone should have any general advice at all it'd be most welcome.

Cheers,
    P :pac:
    Tagged:

Advertisement