Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a primary school teacher.

Options
  • 19-01-2017 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I have a degree in Social Science and I understand the requirement to be a teacher is a 2 year masters. Can this be done part time? Will I be able to do it while I work or is it full time study? Do I need any specific experience to do the Masters?

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Look into Hibernia (or do a search of the Teaching Forum). Hibernia is online so you'd only have to get off work for teaching practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Do you have at least a C in HL Irish?

No experience is required for the masters but I recommend you look for shadowing experience in schools before making any decisions. It's a huge and expensive commitment so make sure you know what it really entails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Do you have at least a C in HL Irish?

No experience is required for the masters but I recommend you look for shadowing experience in schools before making any decisions. It's a huge and expensive commitment so make sure you know what it really entails.

Hi, unfortunately not no, so I'm aware I'll need to get this before I proceed with the Masters. Just weighing up my options at the moment. Are you a teacher yourself?

Advertisement