Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

leemaree wrote: »
    If this is in the wrong section I apologise. Does anyone have any of these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/12b/Freeview-TV-Receiver-Terrestrial-Switchover-Converter-REPLACEMENT/B00OW6V386/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1484856846&sr=8-6&keywords=cable+receiver+box

As far as I know by reading, u can use one or the other. Satellite dish or Aerial. I don't have a Satellite dish.

It is terrestrial aerial only it seems.
    Where you are located will determine what channels you receive ..... those listed in the advert are for people close to N.I transmitters.

You might do better by posting your approximate location and asking for suggestions on how to receive whatever TV stations you want to view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The only function that box offers is the ability to record program to an externally attached hard disk drive (HDD), otherwise it doesn't offer any function that wouldn't be in any new TV.

All new TVs have digital tuners to decode the terrestrial (from a local transmitter) signal - the system is called Freeview in the UK and Saorview in Ireland.

What type of system are you looking at - do you live near the border or do your neighbours have UK and Irish TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭leemaree

It is terrestrial aerial only it seems.
    Where you are located will determine what channels you receive ..... those listed in the advert are for people close to N.I transmitters.

You might do better by posting your approximate location and asking for suggestions on how to receive whatever TV stations you want to view.

I live in Republic of Ireland

coylemj wrote: »
    The only function that box offers is the ability to record program to an externally attached hard disk drive (HDD), otherwise it doesn't offer any function that wouldn't be in any new TV.

All new TVs have digital tuners to decode the terrestrial (from a local transmitter) signal - the system is called Freeview in the UK and Saorview in Ireland.

What type of system are you looking at - do you live near the border or do your neighbours have UK and Irish TV?

I do have neighbours that have UK and Irish TV. I am looking for a good box that I do not have to pay for a subscription that why would this box be any good for normal TV + sky movies + Sky sports and eir and BT? Through a TV Cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I live in Republic of Ireland

You do realise that living in Kerry is completely different to living anywhere close to the NI Border and giving the answer above is pointless for someone attempting to help you.
    I do have neighbours that have UK and Irish TV. I am looking for a good box that I do not have to pay for a subscription that why would this box be any good for normal TV + sky movies + Sky sports and eir and BT? Through a TV Cable

You are apparently looking for an illegal means of receiving 'pay' channels so no comment.
    That subject is banned on Boards.

• Advertisement

You do realise that living in Kerry is completely different to living anywhere close to the NI Border and giving the answer above is pointless for someone attempting to help you.

You are apparently looking for an illegal means of receiving 'pay' channels so no comment.
    That subject is banned on Boards.

By the way I live in Dublin, Not Kerry. Sorry I didn't realise. I stop so.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I wouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that the OP was looking for illegal means - certainly the box linked did not seem to involve them. Johnnyboy1951 take a warning for backseat moderation. Alas I fear the thread is unsalvagable - it's in the wrong forum anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement