Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf 8 - The Live game - Sign Up Thread

Options
  • 19-01-2017 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭

So folks, given the other game has wrapped up I'm just getting the sign up thread going for the live game which I hope to run on Sunday Jan 29.

This game is very unlike the normal version of WW that we play here and is more like the parlour game that it developed from. The entire game will be held on one night with a start time of around 6pm and it should wrap up before midnight.

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO THIS GAME UNLESS YOU CAN COMMIT TO BEING ONLINE FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION OF THE GAME.

Roster will be strictly limited to 16 players. We can do it with less but more will cause us the game to go on too long.

If we get 16 then the turn schedule will be as follows.

18.00 - 18.30 - Preturn
    18.30 - 18.35 - Night 1
    18.35 - 19.15 - Day 1
    19.15 - 19.20 - Night 2
    19.20 - 19.55 - Day 2
    19.55 - 20.00 - Night 3
    20.00 - 20.35 - Day 3
    20.35 - 20.40 - Night 4
    20.40 - 21.10 - Day 4
    21.10 - 21.40 - Break
    21.40 - 21.45 - Night 5
    21.45 - 22.15 - Day 5
    22.15 - 22.20 - Night 6
    22.20 - 22.50 - Day 6
    22.50 - 22.55 - Night 7
    22.55 - 23.25 - Day 7
    23.25 - 23.30 - Night 8
    23.30 - 00.00 - Day 8

If the game goes on after that, it can only be for a maximum of 2 turns and it will be 15 minute day turns and 5 minute nights.

For 16 players the teams will be...
    3 Wolves - 1 of whom is an Alpha and undetectable to the seer.
    1 Angel - Good team player who chooses one player to follow each night, if they happen to follow someone eaten by a wolf they will be told the identity of whichever wolf put in the kill order.
    1 Seer - Can ask the moderator once per turn who they would like to check and they will be told the role of the player including the Angel, unless they check the Alpha in which case they will always be told they are an innocent.

Wolves will only be able to complete their actions at night although they can communicate with each other on their forum during the day and night.
    The Seer and the Angel can give their orders at any time but the Seer will only be answered at night.

During the night phase no player is allowed to post in the live game thread. This is to allow the mods and roled players a chance to complete all their actions.

Roster
    A Neurotic
    Barney92
    CrosstownK
    Max
    Digi
    Tigger
    QB
    Yossar
    Chagan
    Andy
    Uriel
    Stoogie
    Vale
    Mahamageehad
    cee_jay
    Grumpy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Yes, a game I can fully focus on without being fired, this sounds great! I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Oh I'd like to play this. I'll confirm availability over the coming days if there is still room.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Fcuk it. Go on.

I'll get some beer in and me and Mick can talk shíte and play tunes.

It's birthday (almost) that weekend so I'll get away with parking myself in front of the computer for the night.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Yes, a game I can fully focus on without being fired, this sounds great! I'm in.

You'll be so drained the next day and unable to work that you may still get fired :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yeah this sounds pretty cool.

• Advertisement

inski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'll tell you something, it's a long night and it's stressful if you do get into it because there's no time to think at all. I've never played this mode before but I've modded about 3 of them and modding them is probably the hardest 6 hours of desk work I've ever done (and I work in an office).

Jayop wrote: »
    I'll tell you something, it's a long night and it's stressful if you do get into it because there's no time to think at all. I've never played this mode before but I've modded about 3 of them and modding them is probably the hardest 6 hours of desk work I've ever done (and I work in an office).

Be grand. Mick has gun.

Actually I wouldnt mind seeing what modding a game is like, would you like an inexperienced hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm in

• Advertisement

inski

United have Wigan in the cup that evening at 4pm. Hopefully the game will be over before 6!!

I'll be having everything set up, roles distributed and the forum access all set up prior to the game going live and that's for sure.

Actually I wouldnt mind seeing what modding a game is like, would you like an inexperienced hand?

Yeah I do need help for this. Would need to be on Skype or such like for most of the modding though as there's so much going on. Would you be Ok with that?

crosstownk wrote: »
    Be grand. Mick has gun.

OOOO just 1 time in 1 game give me a weapon Id cut lose, thanks for the aul apology ur thread there was no need was never I was glad to be gone we were lost from a few out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Aggh possibly will have to be the first one i miss :( if that changes in the next couple of days and theres a slot free still ill let ya know. If not, i cant want to watch!

Yeah I do need help for this. Would need to be on Skype or such like for most of the modding though as there's so much going on. Would you be Ok with that?

Talking or typing? Only ask that as Id need to get a microphone but ya ive skype downloaded somewhere. Time wise its fine

tritium wrote: »
    Aggh possibly will have to be the first one i miss :( if that changes in the next couple of days and theres a slot free still ill let ya know. If not, i cant want to watch!

No bother, if you can't play because it's a 1 night thing it's a great watch usually.

Talking or typing? Only ask that as Id need to get a microphone but ya ive skype downloaded somewhere. Time wise its fine

Talking really. There's so much to do in terms of doing forum permissions, kills, kill messages, adding up the votes each time really quickly that you don't have time to go into a mod forum and type then wait for a reply.

If you have any of the headphones that you got with a phone they work fine plugged into a laptop.

Talking really. There's so much to do in terms of doing forum permissions, kills, kill messages, adding up the votes each time really quickly that you don't have time to go into a mod forum and type then wait for a reply.

If you have any of the headphones that you got with a phone they work fine plugged into a laptop.

Ive a pc so dont have a microphone to talk into but I can just buy a headset?

Ive a pc so dont have a microphone to talk into but I can just buy a headset?

Same craic with a PC, no? Surely there's a headphone jack somewhere on it?

edit; or you could just use your phone and put skype/whatsapp or something on that. Save spending dosh!!

Same craic with a PC, no? Surely there's a headphone jack somewhere on it?

Ya there must be I'll sort it out anyways and stop derailing here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i'll play
    sure i'll be finished by half seven

Tigger wrote: »
    i'll play

I think rather than putting a minimum post count I'll have to do a max!! :)

I think rather than putting a minimum post count I'll have to do a max!! :)

balderdash*

So folks, given the other game has wrapped up I'm just getting the sign up thread going for the live game which I hope to run on Sunday Jan 29.

This game is very unlike the normal version of WW that we play here and is more like the parlour game that it developed from. The entire game will be held on one night with a start time of around 6pm and it should wrap up before midnight.

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP TO THIS GAME UNLESS YOU CAN COMMIT TO BEING ONLINE FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION OF THE GAME.

Roster will be strictly limited to 16 players. We can do it with less but more will cause us the game to go on too long.

If we get 16 then the turn schedule will be as follows.

18.00 - 18.30 - Preturn
    18.30 - 18.35 - Night 1
    18.35 - 19.15 - Day 1
    19.15 - 19.20 - Night 2
    19.20 - 19.55 - Day 2
    19.55 - 20.00 - Night 3
    20.00 - 20.35 - Day 3
    20.35 - 20.40 - Night 4
    20.40 - 21.10 - Day 4
    21.10 - 21.40 - Break
    21.40 - 21.45 - Night 5
    21.45 - 22.15 - Day 5
    22.15 - 22.20 - Night 6
    22.20 - 22.50 - Day 6
    22.50 - 22.55 - Night 7
    22.55 - 23.25 - Day 7
    23.25 - 23.30 - Night 8
    23.30 - 00.00 - Day 8

If the game goes on after that, it can only be for a maximum of 2 turns and it will be 15 minute day turns and 5 minute nights.

For 16 players the teams will be...
    3 Wolves - 1 of whom is an Alpha and undetectable to the seer.
    1 Angel - Good team player who chooses one player to follow each night, if they happen to follow someone eaten by a wolf they will be told the identity of whichever wolf put in the kill order.
    1 Seer - Can ask the moderator once per turn who they would like to check and they will be told the role of the player including the Angel, unless they check the Alpha in which case they will always be told they are an innocent.

Wolves will only be able to complete their actions at night although they can communicate with each other on their forum during the day and night.
    The Seer and the Angel can give their orders at any time but the Seer will only be answered at night.

During the night phase no player is allowed to post in the live game thread. This is to allow the mods and roled players a chance to complete all their actions.

Roster
    A Neurotic
    Barney92 - provisional
    CrosstownK
    Max
    Micksjag - Maybe Mod
    Digi
    Tigger

how can the cgamego on after 16 kill cycles?

ohh i canedit

not beig smart but wont everyone be dead?

i'll play

So you reckon I'll be gone before the Six-One news is over?

crosstownk wrote: »
    So you reckon I'll be gone before the Six-One news is over?
    i dont getcha?

whens yer b-dsay cross/

i dont getcha?

Apparently nobody ever does ;)

whens yer b-dsay cross/

30 Jan.

• Advertisement